cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Did anybody hear or get any 4G LTE coverage in the Chicago area (besides the Waukegan area)? Send a reply if you hear any additional news?

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Journeyman

79th ashland

Highlighted
Journeyman

palatine area is lit up... fast and solid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Strong in Hyde Park over between Lake Park and 52nd till around 56th and Hyde Park BLVD and beyond. Signal is strong in those areas with speeds up 18mbps Download and 8 Upload. Really Fasttt

Highlighted
Journeyman

ON Cicero and 28th were getting 38mbps down and 15mbps up its freaking FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just turned on today

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lpzml, Are you still getting the signal?  I had it momentarily this morning in the Loop.  The speeds were not great, but I was on the 40th floor when I tried to test the speeds.

I no longer see the signal, so I am guessing they are doing some testing.  I'm beginning to see the light!

Highlighted
Patron

I agree that they must be doing some testing....  I had 4G in my house (in Kenwood) one weekend but I haven't seen it again since...  I park my car on Hyde Park Blvd to take the bus to work in the loop...  I had 4G yesterday morning and this morning, but when I picked up my car yesterday evening the 4G wasn't showing.  And I have yet to see 4G in the loop - I guess I missed it!! 

I'm optimistic though.  I guess they're trying to make the signal damn near perfect before keeping the switch "ON" in certain areas!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speed test yesterday while on the Kennedy near Fullerton. Just on block northwest it's god awful.

Screenshot_2012-10-18-11-56-25.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so roundup for the Red Line rider!  Morse - Berwyn LTE!  Argyle& Lawerence no LTE 😞  Wilson to Belmont LTE!  In between Belmont and Fullerton it drops again.  Then there's no data really in the tunnel.  On the otherside Cermak, Sox, Garfield all have LTE, 47th is conspicuously abscent.  I'm glad they're getting this done.  I was getting pretty jealous of my friends who stayed with AT&T, but now it's blazing and unlimited!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

There turning these on at night mostly from 8pm central to about 4am

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was in Dyer Indiana about two weeks ago on rt 30 by the hospital and I was getting 4g service around there, also I saw some 4g on lincoln highway in Chicago heights IL, and 159th and lagrange in Orland Park IL...

Highlighted
Journeyman

bits and peices of LTE in Hoffman Estates

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.