cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Did anybody hear or get any 4G LTE coverage in the Chicago area (besides the Waukegan area)? Send a reply if you hear any additional news?

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it at Hamlin Park yesterday (south of Belmont between Damen and Clybourn).  Died out after I passed Belmont heading north. 

Location map: http://goo.gl/maps/5hRuc

Highlighted
Journeyman

Buffalo Grove getting a steady 12mb up/6mb down as of 10/25 9:20am.. Using Speedtest Free App to test bandwidth.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the galaxy note 2 and im getting lte now in cicero,IL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yay!  LTE at ORD in both the B and C concourses.  Using it to tether my laptop as I wait for my flight.  FTW!

EDIT 5 days later: Speedtest on my tethered laptop is showing about 2.02mbps download/1.06mbps upload.  Not blazing, but considering I was expecting to either rely on 3G or pay for Boingo right now, I'm fine with that.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you can also download sensorly from the app store. it will show you other people that have been using this map..it maps out connections so you'll start seeing places others have picked up LTE signals and so on. its a pretty good map for things like this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Patron

That Sensorly app just hurt my feelings...  If I could afford to cancel a family plan with FOUR LINES I would do it ASAP!!!  AT&T and Verizon are looking really great right now in my home and work areas (although I don't care for AT&T and Verizon's price plan nor their customer service).  Come on Sprint!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol yah i know..something to keep in mind though is there is also a good chance alot of people in that area havent really used this app. the more that start using it to map out the LTE connections the more you will start getting that smile back...quite a few people are using it in the San Fransisco area and are pretty stoked at what theyre starting to see compared to when they first started using it..im a good year off before i'll even think of downloading that app..it will be a year at the least before i see even a hint of possible LTE in my area...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Getting an LTE signal in Lakeshore East - specifically around the intersection of Randolph and Columbus Drive near the front of the BCBS of Illinois building.  Hope this means a rapid rollout in the downtown area...

EDIT:  With my laptop tethered to my phone, I'm getting 5.13mbps down/8.23mbps up.  Not bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got solid LTE all over Northwest Indiana and am increasingly seeing more of it in Chicago, on the southside and near southside. Also all up Halsted and around the Canal and Roosevelt area. There's already enough LTE in my normal hangout area's that I rarely disconnect from it anymore.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Getting great LTE today at work in River North - near Erie and Orleans in my building.  Getting 3.7 MBPS DL/ 7.4 MBPS UL on my Galaxy Nexus.  A friend of mine said she was getting a signal at home yesterday on her S3 in East Ukranian Village near Erie and Ashland.

Highlighted
Journeyman

16m down 7up in downers grove near ogden and highland. 10 percent 4glte signal in logan square chicago and poor 3g like speed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am live in downtown Chicago and I don't have LTE on my house and work? Just sometimes my phone signal look LTE, but mostly time have 3G, I don't fell good with bad service, I switch from AT&T to sprint, but I don't have good Internet signal, I like voice and text service, but I need my Internet service all time. 

Live on wells st and Ohio st.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.