Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any info on the outage in 12887 the again?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone have any info on the outage in 12887 the again?

Service is out yet again in 12887 again. Its been out since 3/22ish this time. Anyone have any info on when it might comeback or why it keeps going out?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Anyone have any info on the outage in 12887 the again?

It looks like we do have a reported outage in your calling market. It shows it started on 03/23/2012. We are aware of this and engineers are working hard to get resolved. Details are below. ETR 03/31/2012. ETR is just an estimate and are subject to change.

Single Cellsite 8789517 At 2012/03/23 21:52:28 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Upstate NY East : Glens Falls Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) LEC   Local telephone carrier engaged, restoration in progress . 03/23/2012 16:52:00 CST 3 03/31/2012 15:05:57 CST 03/26/2012 15:55:46 CST AL53XC807 Whitehall NY 12887
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any idea why this keeps happening, it started last August and was down for two months, and since then it has been a fairly consistent problem, that ranges from a few minutes, to a couple of days?

Highlighted
Master

Whitehall outage - just a little more information on this problem.

03/28/12 09:22 AM EDT

2 hrs 43 mins ago

TICKET IS PENDING DISPATCH. DUE TO ACCESS LIMITATIONS (ATV REQUIRED), VZ IS

RUNNING INTO DIFFICULTIES.

This means that Verizon is the local phone company and their phone line/data connection to the tower is the problem. And they have to have an ATV to go up the line to determine problem. Last year lightning killed the tower – and parts were the issue. This is the outside worlds connection to the tower – so should be much shorter. I see this started on March 23 and then our tech went out and determined it was a line problem not a tower issue.

Update today - technicians are still working on this - March 31 is estimated restoral - The local phone company is involved and that estimated restoral is subject to change - Since this is Whitehall again I will update - Monday thru Thursday

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the updates Larry!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any new updates for Whitehall because it worked for a day then it was back out again

Highlighted
Master

Here are notes I see on ticket

SITE STILL HARD DOWN.- NETCTRSDD A VERIZON FIELD TECHNICIAN HAS B
EEN DISPATCHED-OUT TO WORK ON THIS TROUBLE REPORT

Hopefully this will happen today. I will update Mon- Thurs as usual.

Larry

Highlighted
Master

Nothing new - Notes show they are trying to determine the root cause of the problem. Obviously site is still OOS- out of service

I will update today around 5pm if anything occurs.

Larry

Highlighted
Master

Looks like around midnight they got this up and running - If anyone still has issues power cycle phone and make it reregister.

Larry

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.