cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the 4G Coverage Maps wrong?

Journeyman

Are the 4G Coverage Maps wrong?

When I use the Sprint coverage maps to check data service for Houston, TX it shows solid 4G LTE coverage everywhere.  However, today at the Sprint store, the guy told me that's not true.  That only about "25%" of the 4G LTE coverage is available, and it's very "spotty".

I haven't been able to get 4G LTE anywhere....

Galaxy S3 blue 16gb

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Are the 4G Coverage Maps wrong?

bump

Journeyman

I think it's not appropriate (to put it lightly) for Sprint to advertise 4G LTE in Houston and surrounding areas, when practically no 4G LTE coverage is ACTUALLY AVAILABLE.

This was confirmed in store to me by Sprint rep who told me barely 25% of coverage is on, and most of that is spotty at best.

And in case you don't believe him, there's also the slight matter of ME NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ANY 4G LTE COVERAGE ANYWHERE I GO.  If I get it for 3 seconds then it switches back to 3G with loss of data in between.

So why do the coverage maps show solid 4G LTE everywhere??

Journeyman

bump

Journeyman

bump

Journeyman

One of the biggest upsets is I bought an Evo 4G for the 4G coverage to compliment my unlimited data.. I have a Clearwire Tower right behind my house, and I have never been able to connect due to the contract disputes Sprint got into with Clearwire . I've resigened myself to the fact that I'm never getting 4G or better in 47150, reguardless of the nonsense reps I talk to tell me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Getting more 4G LTE coverage now.  Even at my office, it's slow but still much faster than 3G.  The maps are still way over showing where the signal is available.  But it has definitely improved lately.

Journeyman

Agreed. This isn't just deceptive. In my mind, it's a clear, transparent lie.

And I don't appreciate being lied to.

-Stephen

Journeyman

Yes. The LTE coverage on Sprint's coverage map is what Sprint plans to roll out NOT what is currently available today.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Is-Sprints-LTE-coverage-exaggerated-on-its-website_id35265

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.