cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANGOR MAINE NEEDS A TOWER!

Highlighted

BANGOR MAINE NEEDS A TOWER!

BANGOR MAINE NEEDS A TOWER! There are many sprint customers in bangor who practically can't get a signal! This is disappointing and I'm hoping that sprint is going to fix the issue so my friends will stop getting roaming charges.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: BANGOR MAINE NEEDS A TOWER!

There are 8 new towers planned for the Bangor, ME area (about 10 mile radius). Check out the coverage maps at Sprint to look at new towers and recent towers.  http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov  That should help greatly but it looks like a tower is still needed on the western side of town. It is progress though.

Kevin

That's great news! Except, a few months ago, when boston released their future 4G coverage, it took month's before there was any progress.

Journeyman

A new tower just went live that was added as a future tower at the same time as those in Bangor. Unfortunately the tower isn't close as it is in Sidney, ME. The rest probably are not all that much farther behind. Once they hit the mapping program they have an estimated time of 120 days or less before they go live. At least progress is being made and towers are starting to be added to the Maine markets.

Thanks for you information; it changed my mind about canceling my contract. My only additional question is if there any official dates posted, when Sprint will be up and running in Maine?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.