cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby Crawl 3G data speed - Somerset, NJ 08873

Highlighted
Patron

I recently was forced to unblind-fold myself and download the speedtest app so I can finally once and for all see what kind of data speeds i'm ACTUALLY getting vs. what Sprint advertises.  The result was rather disappointing.  I knew it wasn't going to be super fast - but at a 0.19Mbps download and 0.17Mbps upload @ 5:30 pm weekeday (+/- deviation of .3Mbps) this is unacceptable.  And to think they want to CHARGE you for hotspot?!  so you can pay another $30 dollars a month for the SAME crappy service?  In their dreams.  I called Sprint and they tried to reset my signal/data reception.  They did that and no effect.  I thanked the rep but told her I don't believe she can help me - i'm calling more to just complain.  Its the issue with the towers -Sprint needs to do an UPGRADE when they claim they are UPGRADING or else i'm thinking, "What was the upgrade - and if this is it - why am I with Sprint?!"  I randomly get 1.24Mbps for a few minutes - but the next 5 tests would go back down significantly.  Sprint!!  Please upgrade upgrade UPGRADE!!!  Why is it that 2 miles down the road in New Brunswick I get great data speeds with full 4G signal - but go back 2 miles the other way - and its DAY AND NIGHT difference?!  Whats the deal?  I was a happy customer when I on-boarded...now...i'm not sure how I feel..but Good is not one of them.  To think I recommended Sprint to my family and now they all have Sprint pisses me off - I feel like I was lied to and now I look like the ass.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

You can check when the towers will be upgraded at https://network.sprint.com/

Patron

Hey - thanks for the info.  But this map shows a cell tower right where I am - and still I get bad data speeds.  If I'm at my work parking lot under open sky - I should be able to get decent to good data speeds but I don't.  What does this mean??

Wizard

If you click on the picture of the nearest tower it will tell you if Sprint did or will be doing upgrade to that tower and it will explain what it means on the left side. One question if the tower is close to your area and you are outside are you getting good signal? If you get good signal but slow data speed it means that there are too many sprint costumer using data and the tower will need more capacity and or speed to handle all that data (a.k.a an upgrade). If you are getting low signal it could be that the tower has an outage.

It will be best if a Sprint employee can check your zip code and respond here on what is happening since in the network.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.