cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service post-Sandy STILL in zip 07030

Journeyman

Bad service post-Sandy STILL in zip 07030

What is the problem, Sprint?  I am in zip 07030, and it is now 1 month past Hurricane Sandy and Sprint service still is not back 100%.  Rarely do I get more than 2 bars of coverage inside my home, and calls are frequently dropped.  I heard from a friend on other side of town, and they report same issue.  I do not understand how other carriers have not had an issue getting back to 'normal' for this area by this late date.  Is there something still TBD to be worked on / repaired for this area?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Bad service post-Sandy STILL in zip 07030

Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand your concern.Single Cellsite  9489750 -Single Cellsite (Out of Service) Environmental - Site/market had been impacted by: Flood due to hurricane Sandy. Site has been destroyed and will need to be rebuilt. Area manager is engaged.Tentative ETR  12/04/2012 09:38:00 CST.

Abe

Journeyman

Your reply indicated an estimated return to service of 12/4/12.  It is now 12/7/12 and service is still poor as described initially.  In fact, a call I was on just dropped while on one bar of service.  Is there a new ETR for this area?  Also, who should I speak with on receiving a service credit on my account, as the level of service has not been on par as pre-Sandy.

Master

I checked the  ticket number in our database and that cell site is still being repaired  and  estimated ETR for that ticket is Network  CDMA /TRAMS Ticket ID  9489750   Created By  CDMA ETR (CST)  12/17/2012 09:38:00. For service credit I would suggest you to contact -Care  and mention -Hurricane Sandy Relief .

Abe

Journeyman

Is there a new ETR for this ticket # as above.  Was stated to be repaired by 12/17 (yesterday) am.  I am anxious to know the status of repairs to stations / towers in this area for when I continue follow-up with Custimer Care.  I still have not seen a significant n improvement in reception in my area of zip 07030 since Sandy.

Wizard

In your area, I am showing maintenance to four towers in the area from damage by Hurricane Sandy. Three of the four towers have ETRs for 12/19 by 10 AM CST. The fourth tower was flooded and has an ETR of 01/07/2013

I am still seeing several towers being on worked on in that area due to hurricane Sandy. I show ticket 9489750 has a new ETR date. I show an ETR of 01/07/2012. Just a reminder, this is just an estimate and can change at anytime. Our technicians are working hard to restore the towers as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience while we get this fixed.

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.