cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Internet loses connection every night

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband and I both have bb curves and EVERY night our bb internet connection turns off.  Even pulling the battery and restarting our phones doesn't help.  Is this a sprint issue or BB issue?  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Sorry you are having this problem Which Blackberry device do you have? Does it happen at the same time every night? Try checking under options auto on/off and see if it is disabled. If you can get me the answer to the above questions I will be happy to look into this for you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the offer of help.  We both have BB Curve 8330 phones.  We do both utilize the auto on/off but our phones are set to turn off at midnight and turn back on at 5:30am.  Normally, within an hour of walking through our front door, the internet connection on our phones is gone.  And it seems such a shame to pay for a data plan when the "data" won't work half the time.    But if we leave our home and pull the battery - the connection is back, no matter what time of day.  If you have any ideas of what's going on, I would really appreciate it.  We also have an AIRAVE in our home to help with signal strength, so I'm wondering if our home is in a black hole or something....

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for giving me the answer to the question as you have an airave in home that tells me you are in a poor signal area.   The device will do its best to get a signal and keep it but do to the poor in home quality it drops. The airrave really does not support a data signal unless it is an Airrave II.   When you leave home and pull the battery the device search for and acquires a good signal

Highlighted
Journeyman

So if we want to be able to keep our data connections, we would have to purchase an Airrave II?  I'm guessing since we've only been Sprint customers for less than 2 years, we won't be able to upgrade our Airrave for free huh?  If you know of any way to upgrade the Airrave device with little or no cost, that would be awesome, because otherwise, we will really have to consider the signal coverage when it comes time to renew our contracts in about a month...I really like Sprint, but if another carrier has better service in our area without us having to purchase extra signal boosters, it may come to that.  I really hate that....seriously....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.