cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry has never picked up 3G signal

Journeyman

Blackberry has never picked up 3G signal

I've had a Sprint Blackberry 8530 for 4 months. I have never, at any point, had a 3G signal. It stays in XEV unless I am roaming. The phone's description says it's 3G capable. The coverage map shows that I am covered in both the 3G network and their voice network. I know the maps aren't 100% accurate, but shouldn't my phone have picked up 3G at some point? I've checked my phone when I go run errands or go places in different cities/areas. Still no 3G.

Could this be a coverage issue or is something wrong with my phone?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry has never picked up 3G signal

I have the same exact phone and was just discussing with my boyfriend last night the possibilities of why my phone does not pick up 3G signal. I am going to take my phone to the Sprint store tomorrow to find out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry has never picked up 3G signal

Hey there! I forgot that I made this thread! I actually called Sprint several times. The first two people checked and made sure there were no outages in my area and then couldn't come up with an explanation. The third person told me that Blackberry phones say "1XEV" when they are in a 3G area. If it says "1x" then you are roaming. He didn't know why they don't just say "3G". But apparently, as long as it says "1XEV", you're in the 3G coverage zone.

I'd be interested to hear if that's the truth.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.