cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bryan, Texas - Slow and Almost No Coverage

Bryan, Texas - Slow and Almost No Coverage

My son gets almost no coverage and extremely slow data speed in College Station / Bryan area.  He's complained about this for almost the past year now and he just keeps getting told that they are upgrading the towers and getting ready for LTE and 4G.  He has the EVO 4G LTE and says he loves the phone but gets frustrated using it because he gets dropped calls, roaming and almost no signal There hasn't been any improvement on this in months.  Sprint has a wonderful low cost that we love on our family plan but what is the point if you have a 4G LTE phone and can BARELY get 3G coverage and go into roaming.  Is there any way to fix this or is there anything Sprint can do to fix this coverage and slow data in that area for my son.

THANKS

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Bryan, Texas - Slow and Almost No Coverage

I am sorry to hear that your son is having problems in Bryan, TX with dropped calls at slow data. Is the zip code 77802?If so, I am not showing any network issues. Is there anyway you can provide me two major cross streets?

The area code is 77801.   The wo major roads that are by him is Villa Maria and 2818 (Harvey Mitchell) off of Webhollow.

He has updated the profile and updated the prl.  Still he gets maybe one bar of signal and it immediatley drops into roaming.

Wizard

Thanks for the prompt response. After searching the major cross streets, the five closets towers are operating at 97% and greater with no scheduled maintenance ongoing. Is he having the problem only in doors?

mainly anywhere in the house.  signal drops off.  it's a single story duplex.  when he goes outside it goes back to not roaming, but still isn't great signal strength if you say there are 5 towers close at 97%.  what could the issue be?

Wizard

Indoor coverage can be very tricky, depends on building structure, surrounding buildings and sometimes even tree foliage. If you would, please send me a private message with his phone number, pin number, email address, and physical address. That information will allow me to create a network ticket to have our engineers take a more in depth look into the problem.

I will private message you right now.  I greatly appreciate your quick assistance on this.

Wizard

Not a problem, we are here to help!

Highlighted

great to hear.  we definitely need it right now.  he has the galaxy s III and it's useless without the service.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.