cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once again Lei, you have prooven that you neglect to do your own reasearch based on other users inputs. Obviously, if other sprint users besides myself have reported 4G in the Ahwatukee area(shown in green in the upper right corner of Ahwatukee on the Sensorly.com map), then maybe you need to take the time to contact Sprint Cusomer Service on account that you might have a faulty device or quite possibly that your device lost its WiMax keys in the process of you rooting your phone. Best of luck to you. And by the way READ!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

once again?  you READ:

1) if you read my original posts - i already have had 4G service several times just not in phoenx.  so my unit is not malfunctioning, but thanx.)

2) you all cannot possibly be this thick - i don't care what other people say they receive, where some website claims to have recorded service - I PERSONALLY DO NOT.  i remain firm that there has not been an 4G service available in the areas i mentioned.  for the past year.  i've checked.

so please read the detail of what i am saying before you jump to conclusions and over-intellectualize the fact that i do not receive service.  don't care if you do or any website you claim has recorded coverage.

i thought i was dealing with reasonably intellligent people.  i accept your apologies.  peace out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ive personally already had service "4g" in all the areas on the clearwire map except the one out at tolleson and thats only because i almost never go out to the west valley certainly not since clear added that area last month.. i really dont understand your point so you have no service in your area or you say.  since i have no idea nor do i or probably anyone else here in this forum cares.. im not asking.. where you live or work or anywhwere else you may use your phone...  you debate saying there is no 4g in phoenix even though not only on 2 websites and other users here on this site has confirmed this.  just because you have not seen something does not mean it doesnt exist.. i havent seen you say anything intelligent yet... but that does not mean that you are not capable of it.. see how that works

i neither care for nor ask or accept your apologies have a nice night

Highlighted
Wizard

Gilbert & Main St. Mesa, AZ. Try there.  4633kbps download on Wimax.

Highlighted
Wizard

Now let's see if I can explain what is happening. Clearwire has placed a few towers around the valley and outstate.  They call these "protection sites". Clear must show the FCC that they cover a certain percentage of the population in order to maintain their frequencies.  This does not mean they will complete their buildout they have just protected themselves. If you want I will continue the explanation at some other time.

dd

I am an advocate for Sprint and in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

I have been a faithful Sprint customer for 10 years. I also have no 4G service in my area in Phoenix and haven't since the roll out of WiMax over two years ago. I don't live on the "outskirts" either. I live in a highly populated area. I have even moved, twice, from one highly populated area to another highly populated in Phoenix & still... no 4G.

With today's announcement of the LTE roll-out, I fear the new Evo3D I just purchased will never take advantage of its 4G WiMax Radio. This is unacceptable Sprint, on many levels.

If I don't get WiMax coverage I can guarantee I will be cancelling my 5 lines & switching carriers. I have waited too long for 4G! I even paid the little $10 service fee when I wasn't getting 4G service. I took another leap of faith with Sprint buying my Evo3D this July & while the device is amazing, I've been met with more service related disappointment.

What Sprint should do next year is offer people with WiMax phones upgrades to LTE phones at new customer pricing. That would be ::the right thing:: to do. However, with all the hits we Sprint customers have been taking lately with the loss of Premier etc etc... I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Make me a believer again Sprint! Please!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, tired of my email going off all day to read people bashing each other and Sprint.

First: 4G WiMax is available in small pockets of Phoenix Metro. But complaining about the lack of 4G, that has only been out since last june, to Sprint is silly. Clearwire was contracted to deliver 4G and hasnt filled that commitment, so it is like complaining to best buy cause your Xbox hasnt recieved its update from Microsoft. Trust me Sprint is just as pissed if not more than you from this, and that is why they are doing their own LTE network now. They told us dates they were promised for the service as well, so they looked bad no doubt, but call Clearwire support if you are pissed they cant deliver on their contract.

AS far as your 3D, read the specs, this phone is LTE compatible on a 800mhz band, which if you read or watched the network vision today you would see that is where LTE will land. And when it starts next year all the people that bought Evo's should be elibgible for upgrades.

I am pissed on premier as well, but the bottom line is NOONE offers annual upgrades anymore, cant recover the cost of the phones in that time, ESPECIALLY with Apple now getting a cut on everyone of their phones

AND NOONE pays for 4G, read your bill, it is for premium UNLIMITED data, the only company that offers true unlimited, and for 1/3 the price that V or ATT charge.

I came here from Michigan where we got 4G and I would love to see it here, but for what I pay for 5 lines, it would cost me over $150 more at the other 2 providers, for that much money I can deal. Shop around if you are so pissed, look at what the final bill is for 4-5 smart phones, it is ridiculous!

Sprint vision "IF" comes through is amazing, dual band 4G, better area coverage, its own true dual service of voice and data, and because all of the towers and systems are already in place it is a matter of integrating the systems. that is why they will be able to cover 80% of its customer base with LTE by end of next year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just trying to look at the brighter side of the bad I have been reading all day and complaining about as well. We get better phones sooner, unlimited data, Iphone is only 3g, so is windows and blackberry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Evo3D ::does NOT:: have a LTE radio in it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"AND NOONE pays for 4G, read your bill, it is for premium UNLIMITED data,  the only company that offers true unlimited, and for 1/3 the price that  V or ATT charge."

While some, like you, continue to drink the Sprint kool-aid, others realize that you are wrong.

If we are paying for unlimited data, why would we need to pay an addtitonal fee for using any amount of that unlimited data?

That's like going to an all you can eat buffet and then being charged twice because you made yourself a large plate of food.

Oh, and data is data. There is no such thing as premium data

It does not take a genius to see that this fee, which came with the 4G phones, is a 4G fee.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Theres some 4G at Tempe sports complex for sure. I was chillin in my car look at my phone with 4G bars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You would hope that someday Sprints LTE rollout will include Phoenix AZ. lol. A whole bunch of citys are getting it this year but NOT phoenix? I guess were just not big enough. Were like what the 6th largest city in the country

http://www.chron.com/business/technology/article/Sprint-to-offer-super-fast-data-access-3460231.php

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.