Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. I bought the EVO the first day it rolled out and was told August. Then December, then January, then Verizon came out with 4g for the entire state! Sprint and Clearwire dumped too much money into technology and not enough on planning. I'm more likely jumping ship tomorrow and gladly paying my early termination fee. Verizon is going to costs a little bit more money per month but at least I'll be grandfathered into their unlimited plan before they dump that this summer.

JUMP SHIP guys.

Isn't Phoenix the 5th largest city? If you want to cancel early, and really screw Sprint, cancel, and pay your balance down to $75.00. Any thing below $100 usually doesn't get reported to the credit bureaus. This should make their stock price go down even lower if everyone who reads this follows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

May 17...30 days in counting to having a HTC EVO 4G for ************ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***********with ******NO 4G SERVICE**** EVER. Phoenix 5th largest city in the country. I could care less what Clear and Sprint issues they had between each other. Sprint should credit accounts in Phoenix for people with this phone. Forget the $10 extra data charge. That is seperate. The credit an apology for the COMPLETE disregard for this major metropolitain area.

Imagine wanting HD service on your cable/sattelite provider, getting the HD boxes of HD service coming, and waiting for the service that never came. Then they release better HD boxes and never even get to use the boxes you had? Despicable Sprint. What are you going to do about this? And yet, still no dates/comments. Don't worry about AT&T and T-Mobile. You will do your own company in all by yourself.

I am not one to rant, but PPPPPPPPPPPLEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSE Sprint. You have asked for this one on a silver platter.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

I've had the EVO 4G since it was released. It sucks not having 4G service throughout Phoenix. We have 4 towers in Phoenix, according to clear.com, and this is not enough to cover a small town, yet alone a large metropolitan area. I really wish Sprint would just answer my initial question I posted back in Feb. Ignoring your customers and not responding to them is extremely poor customer service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am beyond sick of getting shafted by sprint. I have been paying this stupid 4g service for over a year and only have used 4g 2 times while i was in Vegas. Also, I'm on my 5th evo because sprint keeps replacing my phone with refurbished pieces of crap that last anywhere for a few days to a couple months. If I add up all the downtime from repairs and waiting for a replacement phone to come in Sprints shafting me  to pay up for another month of service Im not able to use. I'm actually in the process of finding a used Verizon phone so I can get there unlimited data before its gone on 7/7/2011. By the way Sprint, Verizon has 4g throughout all of Phoenix and has plans on putting 4g everywhere 3g is currently within the next 2 years

Highlighted
Journeyman

well i got verizon last night and ported one of my two numbers over. I'm being told that my 5th evo replacement is ready to pick up . So today will be my last day with sprint. Good luck all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in the Ahwatukee area ZIP 85044. I have full strength 4G signal. This is the first time I have ever seen this, I check regularly if there is coverage here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: 10:34 AM. Using speedtest.net android app I was able to get the following stats from the 4G network Download: 8012kbps Upload:1422 Ping 107 ms. I hope I'm not going crazy. I'm afraid to turn off the 4G in case they turn it off or something haha!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Would ya mind downloading from market sensorly so we can get an idea where? Would be great to pipoint the tower and to see what extent its online... I saw that within the last couple weeks tolleson area(101 and the 10) has went online.. with awatukee coming online there's finally a glimmer of hope for the rest of us... that clearwire/sprint are finally starting to do something here. I'm so tired of my verizon friends asking me how that 4g is...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I succeded in downloading the sensorly app BUT unfortunately at this time adroid phones do not report how good the 4g reception is and cannot plot either. I went to the sensorly main web page and that is a known issue android phones when utilizing this app. Error on phone: We're sorry but this phone does not give access to more detailed WiMax. I'm in the Ahwatukee area 48th and Guadalupe Rd if that helps any. Hope you get 4g wherever you are in phoenix. Best of luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: I was able to force send the signal reports to sensorly. I do not know how long it will take for the server to reflect green on the map, but hopefully it should be updated soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sensorly udated its map for 4G in my location in Ahwatukee. Apperantely people have reported to have 4G in Tempe now too. Hopefully other people can report new locations so we can see Sprint's progress with 4G in the metro area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been trying to access 4g in different locations this weekend.  I still haven't been able to pick it up anywhere.  Tried it in Tempe (52nd St and Van Buren - near the airport...) Phoenix (19th Ave and Bell), North Phoenix (Tatum and Dynamite) and also in Surprise (near city hall - Bell & Litchfield).  Still NO access.  I'll keep trying I guess.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.