Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Make sure you have the latest phone updates if you have the EVO 4G, I couldn't connect in some parts where Clearwire showed green in Mesa until I upgraded to the latest version of Android, firmware, and PRL. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd really like to know why we in - what are we the 5th largest metropolitan city in the United States - without 4G and I just got back from vacation back home - a tiny little island in the Pacific (Oahu) and I had a fantastic 4G signal THERE?????  On the top of a hillside no less.  If I didn't love my EVO so much I'd send it back for a refund or for false advertising.  I bought it a year ago and the promise of 4G was "imminent" at the time.  Not to mention my Overdrive doesn't work for sh!t for the same reason....  Not happy about not getting the advertised services.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got the gingerbread 2.3.3 a couple weeks ago, it did help my battery issues, but still no 4G on Tempe/Mesa border where i live, nor in the Bank of America tower where i work.  ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live and work in midtown Phoenix.  Been paying for this for 6 months and I've yet to have a chance to use 4G.  This is way beyond ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@JUANCA1003 - i look at the clear map and there are ZERO green spots in Arizona.  not sure what all you're talking about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you know what @hanuman3751, i'm callling B.S. on @JUANCA1003 - must be some plant to get us to think there is some $G service somewhere out here.  there just isn't.  full 4G service my a$$

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please educate yourself by visiting http://www.sensorly.com before you start bashing on other users. Thank you, and happy learning!

Highlighted
Journeyman

sensorly has ZERO whatsoever to do with whether there is or is not 4G anywhere in the Phoenix area that i am aware of.  but thanx for playing dork.  and sweetheart, if you thought THAT was "bashing" you have a lot to learn.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have to zoom in on Phoenix to be able to see the 4G coverage. Make sure you are going to clear.com/coverage, as this is the map that is updated frequently. I live on the outskirts of one of the 4G towers here in Phoenix, and the only way I have been able to experience any 4G service at all, is if I drive to where a tower is at. The speeds are pretty good, but you have to be close to the tower to get max thoroughput, and the signal / speed drop off pretty steep the further you get away from a tower. I now have an EVO 3D phone. Second '4G' phone from Sprint with no usable 4G service in Phoenix. Thanks for your wonderful '4G' service Sprint. I feel even better knowing that you are switching priorities from Wimax to LTE, so now I can look forward to never being able to use the full capabilities of my phone(s). Also, the changes you are making to premier and getting rid of bill to account is definitely not helping us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you have to zoom into the areas you want to look at ie phoenx there is six areas of 4g tolleson, mesa, north phx, chandler and a newly opened up area of ahwatukee

the other areas on clear.com is prescott globe casa grande and areas of tucson... thats off the top of my head instead of calling people names and assuming things you should actually bother even doing the minimal of research

Highlighted
Journeyman

sensorly shows user collected areas of 4g not jsut what sprint and clear puts out so yea it does have things to do with 4g in an area since thats exactly what its designed to do... wow two for two for being wrong lei...thanks for playing...

Highlighted
Journeyman

i checked for the 3rd time today, and yes of course i zoomed on my state/city - nada.  and for the record, i could care less whether sensorly or clear SAY there is coverage - i'm telling you and Sprint I DO NOT HAVE 4G in any area in the Valley that i occupy - Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe and i work in downtown Phoenix.  coincidentally, i lived in the same zip code mentioned earlier, thats why i called b.s. - its not there.  not second hand info, I DO NOT NOT HAVE I EVER HAD IT.  and i was promised it when i purchased both units - EVO and Overdrive over a year ago.  period.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.