Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: COME ON SPRINT! WHERE IS PHOENIX 4G?

Im sure NO ONE will be buying this phone in Phoenix:  http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-evo-4g-lte/4505-6452_7-35182267.html?tag=previous%3bpage1

Even the writer couldnt understand why sprint is selling a phone called 4g lte when it barely exists. OH I GET IT BUY IT AND HOPE IT COMES TO YOUR AREA BEFORE YOUR CONTRACT ENDS.  Didnt they give that rant two years ago with the original EVO 4g. lol for its wimax rollout. Great sales blunder Sprint. Maybe if customers were given any information WHEN it was coming to there area they might consider getting that phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well. After 2 1/2 years an EVO 4G and EVO 3D bought and waiting for 4G in Phoenix. I finally got it. WITH VERIZON. With 4G being still at LEAST in 2013 for Sprint in Phoenix, AZ, 5th largest city in the country, and no promised dates in sight at ALL. I jumped ship. Sprint I think sticking it out with you for 2 1/2 years was UNBELIEVABLY paitent and generous. Shame too. You were cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for. To everyone else who is still waiting I hope it gets here for you guys sooner than later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has announced it'll be bringing 4G to 100 new cities soon:  http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/10/sprint-announces-huge-lte-expansion-in-coming-months-adds-new/

Yet, Phoenix once again gets a big "f*ck you".  5th or 6th largest city in the U.S. and we can't get this service?  This is beyond ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who STILL DOES NOT HAVE 4G.  as you can see earlier i got slammed for not knowing how to search for the areas that have been reported to get 4G.  which like i originally said - don't care if some stupid map CLAIMS to provide it, I personally still don't have it.  in the greater Phoenix area too - i don't live in the boonies.  i work downtown and live in Tempe. you can't tell me in the city that i'm just missing some random spots of 4G. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, based on the announcement of the 100-city LTE "expansion" it looks as though Phoenix is getting screwed. It's clear from their roadmap and lack of any mention of our City that SPRINT HATES PHOENIX. There, I said it. Well Sprint, if you hate Phoenix, then I hate you also. Go **** yourself Sprint and your stupid Wimax / 4G LTE "expansion" which doesn't include Phoenix! WTF is the matter with you people that run Sprint? A good business model would dictate that you provide services for where there are many customers. Sprint = Santorum. Google it if you don't already know what it means.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is truely amazing that Asheville N.C. population 83,000 and Athens TX. population 12,700 can get 4g lte from sprint but Phoenix AZ population 1.5 million cannot. Simply ridiculous.

additional info from sprint about this here  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work...

i guess they dont build first based on population lmao.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you think hard about it (I'm too lazy to write it all up), there are quite a few reasons involving operations, marketing, finance, logistics, and engineering & construction as to why they may upgrade small markets as well as large markets, at the same time.

Highlighted
Wizard

What you say may be true but they really should have given more consideration to markets that never received 4G wimax. They could very easily have decided to begin construction in those areas simultaneously with the key markets like Chicago, Atlanta and Houston. I would like to hear someone at Sprint admit that they have made a mistake by ignoring Phoenix, Detroit, Milwaukee and San Diego.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently leaving Seattle off the list has also pissed off a significant number of people, from what I've been reading.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was back home in Hawaii last summer and voila!  4G on top of hillside on a little island in the Pacific but not in a huge metropolis like Phoenix.... THAT pissed me off.  the Sprint signal in my area overall is pretty spotty anyway, so I don't know why I expected 4G promises to be any different.  I still won't change providers but I bought my EVO 2 years ago with that 4G carrot dangling.  I may have chosen a different phone if I knew that'd never come true.  My plan and service is what it is, and I'm fine with it for the most part.  Just don't like being lied to, led on etc.  Or like very early in the thread being told I'm an idiot for not being able to find the 4G like they supposedly have been able to.  Its non-existant for ME, and thats all I care about.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.