Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not call certin landline #'s

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not been able to call a landline in my homoe neighbourhood since yesterday afternoon. I am traveling out of town and I have been able to call other areas with out a problem. I have also been able to call landlines that are across town from my nieborhood. I can recieve calls from home and I can call home from a landline but I can not call back all I get is either a busy signal or an automated message to check the number. I have tried to call my house and my neighbour house and nothing. I have called the Sprint technical support and they have told me that they could put in a ticket and it would take 72 hours to get started on it. This is rediculaus I neeed to be able to make calls. My next step is to go into a Sprint store to see if they can help, but if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to resolve it please help[. I have the Evo 4g that I bought 2 months ago...

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Where are you located when you are having the problems calling landlines?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Everywhere I have tried I have a problem. I am currently in Bakersfield Ca

Highlighted
Master

This is usually a routing problem  between the Sprint Service and the Local exchange carrier  the  automated message you  here  says something like switch xx  message xx    this information helps us find exactly where the problem is.  The only way we can reslove this issue is via a network ticket.  As we have to work  with the landline carrier to resolve it. It is not 72 hours to start resloution but it is an estimate of the time it may take to complete.  Please  call out customer service so we can get started on resoloving this issue f or you 

Highlighted
Journeyman

During the message it is the standard "your call can not be completed as dialed" or a straight busy signal. It amazes me that a multi-million dollar company cant diagonse a network problem

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.