Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain limited coverage for me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone explain limited coverage for me

Explain this please

WEST VIRGINIA: Charleston (limited), Huntington/Tri-Cities, Parkersburg, St. Albans, Inwood, East Liverpool, Teays Valley/Hurricane Area

I have been charged an extra 10 a month for 4g and still dont have it, Sprint tells me its for upgrading the system, I say the deal i signed up for was for 69.99 unlimited data and i find an extra 10 charge for this so called upgrade, I was told it would be here last summer and I am still waiting.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Wizard

I apologize for the misinformation. The $10 charge is not for upgrading the network. You are accessed that fee based on the device that you have (smartphone) because of the amount of data those devices tend to use on the network. 4G as originally started has been changed from Wi-Max and we are now in the process to switching over to 4G LTE with our Network Vision upgrades. The cities you have listed in West Virginia, are you showing limited for 4G? or coverage?

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats a quote from a previous thread they say we have limited 4g coverage

I live in Charleston and have never had 4g, I travel most of my state and have never seen 4g on my phone.

So I want to know when will 4g be available in West Virginia

And if they are going to 4g lte is that available in Charleston now?

Highlighted
Wizard

Just pulling up Charleston, WV I am not showing any 4G coverage only 3G. In fact if you were to log on to sprint.com/coverage and put in West Virginia in the search area it will also show you that 4G is not in your area at this time. As far as a time frame for when 4G LTE will be deployed in your area, I am not showing any timeframe at this time. Customers in Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio are expected to be among the first to benefit from the 4G LTE service and improved 3G coverage by mid-2012. Other cities/states will follow after and deployment dates will be made available at a later date.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have heard that since I got my contract yet Verizon and AT&T both have 4g lte in my area, why is Sprint dropping the ball here.

Can Sprint afford to lose West Virginia customers to their rivals ?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=data&lat=38.45613123637304&lon=-81.60095389288301&...

Highlighted
Master

There is some Wimax 4G in WV, And Charleston. Look on this map for where it is. Everywhere Clear has 4G Sprint customers have access.
http://www.clear.com/coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK thats Clear's network how does that help me on sprints network

Clear is a service that I would have to purchase

WHy should I get yet another service when Sprints is suppose to have it in my area if not then I shouldnt have to pay extra for a service I am not receiving

Highlighted
Master

Clear IS Sprint's Wimax 4G provider, Anywhere Clear has 4G coverage Sprint customers have access. There are hundreds of areas where we get coverage that Sprint's maps do not show, I have it 2 miles from my house(I live in Jackson) but yet Sprint has ONE city in Michigan on their map, Grand Rapids, Which is 100 miles from me, There are many cities in Michigan that have 4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL Clear doesn't have coverage in my area yet, so I am back square one

Why should those of us that pay for this service be exempt from this cost ,

Why do I pay for something I'm not getting???

Highlighted
Wizard

The $10 fee is Sprint's smartphone add on fee and has nothing to do with the level of data service (performance), you pay that for the privilege of using a Smartphone on Sprint's network.   Verizon & AT&T are more expensive.  If you feel deprived of superior data services, leave Sprint and go to an alternative carrier.  The choice is yours. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I know my rights,

What I want is for Sprint to step up and get 4g in West Virginia

And we do pay for the service they say you get for 4g in adds

Verizon came to West Virginia and offers 4g with hardly any delay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What Panzer06 is trying to tell you, is that the $10 fee, is NOT just for 4G access. It is for the type of device you have [e.g. smartphone], because they generally use much more data than a non-smartphone. This is because of all the apps you have at your disposal/etc. The $10 fee, is for newer smartphones, has nothing to do with your access to a 4G tower.

Where I live, AT&T does not have 4G service anywhere within 100miles. All 3 major providers operate in different modes, and will not have the same access/coverage in exactly the same place at exactly the same time. So, you not having WiMax/LTE where you live at the moment, isn't uncommon; for any provider.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.