cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make Calls, Can't send texts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't make Calls, Can't send texts.

For the past hour now, my phone has been unable to make or receive calls, nor send or receive texts.  I tried doing the whole take battery out for a minute thing, I tried just a normal restart, I looked to see if there were any outages in my area (none).

I can't even call tech support I get this message with EVERY call:

"(Single, tonal beep) To make a collect call to a mobile phone or a land line phone, press 1, to use or purchase a prepaid pin with your credit card, dial 2 now, for free directory assistance dial 411." Then it repeats.

I don't know what to do with this!! Please Help!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue and desperatly need my phone, have you found the problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not yet.  I'm glad I'm not alone but at the same time I need my phone badly too.

So far I've done countless PRL updates and tried a hard reset and no luck.

I tried calling tech-support via google voice on my computer here, but they're closed so that's no help either.  I took a quick jaunt to work (which oddly enough is another tower even though its a 10 minute walk), and STILL no fix.  I feel like an idiot walking to work at 3 AM but I hoped it would've done something.  I even changed roaming to Sprint only, and that has not done a thing.

I'm not even roaming right now, I have full bars, and I'm still getting this American Roaming Network single beep automated message.

FRUSTRATED!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can make calls now, a little strange it just started working again.

Maybe they were doing work, but when I checked the outages sheet on sprint.net it didn't mention anything in my area (Lafayette, CO)

Highlighted
Wizard

CHRISDA19 wrote:

For the past hour now, my phone has been unable to make or receive calls, nor send or receive texts.  I tried doing the whole take battery out for a minute thing, I tried just a normal restart, I looked to see if there were any outages in my area (none).

"(Single, tonal beep) To make a collect call to a mobile phone or a land line phone, press 1, to use or purchase a prepaid pin with your credit card, dial 2 now, for free directory assistance dial 411." Then it repeats.

Hi, are you still experiencing the coverage issues?

Thank you

----George

Highlighted
Wizard

BSCHOSKER220 wrote:

I am having the same issue and desperatly need my phone, have you found the problem?

Hi, having you regained coverage or are you still experiencing the issue?

Thanks

----George

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCares wrote:

CHRISDA19 wrote:

Hi, are you still experiencing the coverage issues?

Thank you

----George

Not anymore, it seemed to have happened just for that period of time.

Highlighted
Patron

I had the same problem. My phone was working fine at about 5:30 PM (sent a TEXT Message). When I tried to use my phone again at about 9:00 PM (Text Message, tried twice) I got a SMS error (can't remember what it said. Something about Termination) and a sms message from 9230 that had 2 error codes. 2112 (The message could not be delivered due to a network setup error. Please contact Customer Care. Error 2112) and 2128 (The message could not be delivered due to a temporary network setup error. Please try later. Error 2128). I tried using my home phone to call my cell and it was ringing on the home phone, but not the cell. I could call my home phone from my cell though and it worked. I dialed *2 on my phone and it did the voice and data tests. Instead of green lights, they were red and under that it mentioned Profile and PRL updates. So I did them and it seems to be working now though. Just thought I would report it. I am using the HTC Evo 4G and located in Oakwood, GA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone has been doing the same thing on a daily basis for the last 3 weeks.......I turn it off and take off the battery and there's days when it works and there's times when it doesn't.  I called customer care and they advised for me to take my phone in to be "fixed".  Well it's not very convenient to be left without a phone since it has to be left overnight.  I am not happy with Sprint service, especially with the price I'm paying.  I used to have T-Mobile and paid $50 less for better service.  I regret switching but I have hope that when the 4G kicks in it will be worth it.......I hope......

Highlighted
Patron

Have you tried a Profile and PRL update? Try dialing *2 and it should bring up a program. About center of the screen it will have a test running for voice and data. Each one will have a light. Green=fine, red=no/bad connection. If you need to update, it will also be listed right below that test. Try this and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't, then I would say just take it in to get it fixed. Not having a phone for a day or two is better than having one work off and on for weeks.

Every network has their problems. In my experiences, Sprint has always had better service and support than my other carriers. Get your phone fixed, then see how they are!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the exact same problem. This happened only after the July update on my Nexus S. When my friends try to call me, only 1 out of 10 times will it go through. Other times, i will only get a missed call in my gmail half a day later. Could some one please fix it? I am really frustrated because now my phone is virtually un-usable if my friends can't contact me!!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.