cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Make any calls,texts or use data while roaming- Can't Authenticate

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Central Ohio(43029) and live in (43023) and since 8/8/11 I have been unable to make any calls,text or use data while roaming. When I attempt to call, I get a verizon message that I can't be authenticated. My 3g calls and data works just fine, even though i'm in best coverage and still have to roam...I really hope Sprints new "Network Vision" upgrades helps with building penetration, sooner than later!!!!!

I have contacted Sprint via telephone and chat. They had me do profile updates and prl updates, restore my data profile, they pushed some Sprint side updates and guaranteed that my service would be working but it doesn't work while roaming.

I have the HTC EVO 3D. It has worked fine in this area for the last 5 years. I'm in the best coverage but two locations indoors service is horrible and I will roam. I'm at those locations a few times a week. I have even tried a hard reset on the phone, it's not my phone(I don't think) because it has something with contacting the verzion towers and verizon not allowing my to roam on them like it used to.

Can someone please help me with this issue? I'm paying for service and it's not working....

Message was edited by: imex_99

My device is set to automatic in the settings.

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Maybe your roaming selection is set to Sprint only? Set it to automatic so it can roam  (home/menu/settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/roaming/automatic)  If that has already been done, it sounds like maybe a roaming ticket needs to be opened.  The steps you have done pretty much cover all of it.  You would have to speak with technical support for that:  8882114727 

You might also want to stop by a Sprint Service & Repair Center to have the device checked out for a hardware defect that prevents it from roaming as well.

Journeyman

Settings are on automatic and phone worked phone while roaming until this past week. I have the evo 3d since before launch.

On my other forums, many others are having this issue. Some have had it corrected when having sprint reprovisioned their phones. Some are speculating with the new roaming law, that verizon might be causing this issue.

Just a few ideas to look at... Anyway to look up roaming issues or agreements in zipcode 43209?

Master

Well, you shouldn't even be roaming there at all in the first place...and there is no reported outage there at all.  We should address the fact that you are roaming.  That is the real problem.  I do apologize for the issue with your new phone.  Do other phones in the same location also roam?  If not, it's a device issue and we need to get it to the store.  If so, then we need to open a ticket for this problem to have the network issue addressed. 

Journeyman

Re: Cant Make any calls,texts or use data while roaming- Can't Authenticate

Yes, every Sprint user roams or doesn't have service on the ground floor of The Ohio Statehouse ground floor, garage at 1 Capital Square, Columbus, OHIO 43215. Sprint users also roam in The Verne Riffe Building at 77 South High St, Columbus, Ohio 43215 in various locations in the building or won't have any service. Sprint users also roam at 30 east broad Street, Columbus, Ohio, 43215 on the b1 level. The Ohio Supreme Court at 65 south front street, Columbus, Ohio 43215 also gets horrible service throughout the entire building and most sprint users use the buildings wifi to get data because sprint service is horrible inside of the ohio supreme court building.

I'm very hopeful that with sprint currently upgrading their networks with the sprint network vision initiative, sprint will have better building penetration in downtown columbus, ohio, the capital city of ohio.

In all of the locations noted, my friends with verizon 4g lte thunderbolt, get great 3g coverage and 4g coverage where us sprint users don't get 4g or roam on the sprint network in the above locations. We all have similar android phones and I get embarrassed that they can play online games, text and talk and I can't do anything at the moment.

Message was edited by: imex_99

Please open ticket to all the locations with addresses listed above and improve coverage and or add repeators in these locations...

Journeyman

Do you still have the poor coverage/reception ticket open for the riffe, statehouse and rhodes? I also heard there was sprint coverage outages on the east side this past friday august 12.

Master

The address was successfully found as: 1 W Capital St, Columbus, OH 43215-4149

Thank you for marking this location. The information will be sent to engineering

The address was successfully found as: 77 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215-6114

Thank you for marking this location. The information will be sent to engineering

The address was successfully found as: 30 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215-3439

The address was successfully found as: 65 S Front St, Columbus, OH 43215-4104

Thank you for letting us know!

-John

Journeyman

Yes, still have the same service problems at those buildings.

Journeyman

Thanks for reporting those issues/location about our poor service. Now hopefully I can nail down this roaming issue.

Journeyman

Would love to hear how this gets addressed.  I am a Sprint corporate account holder and brought in my wife to our account with a Blackberry.  But she drops calls or doesn't have signal enough to place a call when she's at her workplace (which ironically is within a mile of the Sprint headquarters in a business park in Knoxville, TN 37923).  And when she drives through a rural area to a satellite office, she has no coverage and gets the "Verizon can't authenicate" message.  She is often sitting in the same car with a Verizon customer who has plenty of signal and never has trouble getting service. 

I reported these problems and worked with Sprint tech support over a period of weeks.  Updated all the software and firmware and even exchanged the phone for a reconditioned phone. Nothing has changed.  I'm down to just a few days before she ends her brief, unhappy tenure as a Sprint user.  I thought it might be a Blackberry issue but apparently not if an Evo is doing the same thing. 

Another clue: I ported my wife's number from Verizon to Sprint.  Is it possible that Verizon is getting something screwed up due to the porting of their number??

Would appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.