cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC- horrible, horrible, service area. Why does the coverage map say "Best?"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC- horrible, horrible, service area. Why does the coverage map say "Best?"

I live in Carrboro, NC (Chapel Hill) and the Sprint coverage map says I have the "Best" coverage, but a.) I don't get ANY coverage in/around/near my house, b.) if I do get coverage in town, it's ALWAYS roaming, and c.) I am unable to send picture messages or emails with picture attachments ANYWHERE near Chapel Hill or Carrboro.

Here's the real problem... the people at the store told me that the coverage was excellent. The coverage map online indicates that as well. I bought the phone and got the Unlimited/450 Blackberry plan. The person at the store told me roaming was considered "unlimited," but after reading the plan details, I learned that's not the case. So, as soon as I figured out that the phone was ALWAYS roaming I went back up to the store. The lady there once again told me that roaming was included, so I had to educate her. She still refused to believe me, so she asked another Associate in the store. He confirmed what I had been trying to tell her. She also told me that Chapel Hill is a horrible area and that nobody gets service, almost with a grin on her face. That is NOT what she told me when she was making the sale.

The phone doesn't say "roaming" and is set to "Auto" as opposed to "Home Only"... I don't know what EVDO 1x and all of that jargon means. The thing is constantly switching networks and it's so bad that my phone runs out of batteries in about four hours. Anyway, I had to switch to the Unlimited Everything plan just because it's always roaming and I don't want to get surprised with a $800 cell phone bill.

I called Sprint Tech Support and they also told me that I don't get coverage here. I called today and wanted to cancel my contract, but my "30 day trial period" was over... Today was the THIRTY-FIRST DAY of my contract and nobody told me about ANY 30 Day Trial until today... I've been calling and trying to get this figured out since DAY ONE.

I'm so angry right now!

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC- horrible, horrible, service area. Why does the coverage map say "Best?"

Feel free to contribute to our commuity which ads your coverage problems to a map so Sprint can service the complaints easier.

http://www.deadcellzones.com/sprint.html

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.