cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell tower down??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cell tower down??

For the past month I cannot get a decent signal (3bars or more) anywhere outside of Tampa Florida. I was told there is a tower that’s down in the area of western Pasco county. I am a new customer and so far not very impressed. 

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

What zip code is that? And which phone are you on?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

Multiple zip codes. 34652, 34653, 34655 are just the ones I’m in 99% of the time.  I can never get full signal. I have a brand new iPhone XR. I’m sitting outside right now with 1 bar 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having this problem for few weeks. Everytime I contacted Sprint, they always asked "what's the major cross streets and zip code? or we don't have any down towers. Or no one complain. I'm tired of having the same problem and kept reading the same generic response from Sprint. Are they trained to just say things from script?
Highlighted

@Egambaro, In zip code 34655, there are some areas that aren't covered. How often are you traveling between these zip codes? Which zip code do you live in?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

I work in 34655 at the intersection of Little Rd and SR 54. I live in 34653 near the intersection of Congress St and Louisiana Ave

Highlighted

@Egambaro, Thank you for the details on the locations. I'm not seeing any issues in the coverage map for either of the locations. However, if you're going through an area that doesn't have coverage, or has lowered coverage, it may be hindering the phone from keeping a good connection with the tower. Have you done any troubleshooting?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

@dramacrazie1, have you done troubleshooting when on those calls/contacts?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

@RedCruzr, thank you for your response to my comment. I was just simply shared some of my frustrations with the Ed community to see if they suggest any other way to fix my problem. Troubleshooting? I have tried the recommended PRL ##873283#, resetting network, bringing my phone to Apple for device check as Sprint recommended... Have I done all or is there anything else that I can try? Thank you.
Highlighted

That is the basic troubleshooting. Let's look at your towers. What is your zip code?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

Yes I’ve done the troubleshooting and even exchanged the phone for fear of a faulty modem, I’ve been to the Apple store and it’s a network/carrier issue not a phone issue. As a new customer I’m somewhat underwhelmed 

Highlighted

@RedCruzr_Sprint zip code 92868, nearby cross streets are main St and Stewart dr.  Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.