cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact the FCC and BBB about poor voice/data? Sprint will call you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contact the FCC and BBB about poor voice/data? Sprint will call you!

With somewhere around 80% of my calls having to be abandoned due to poor connection I'm at my wits end with Sprint. This has continued for over 2 weeks now (had good service up till Vision cutover). I've been patient hoping that they would get this network Vision work done any day now.  I've spoken with customer service twice today and they've come up with different answers both times. One told me 3 towers out of 5 were unresponsive at my work location and after having the same problem at my home location she said I needed an AirRave. I declined that when they told me they were going to charge me another $1 and change a month for something that is not my problem. I will gladly pay the disconnect fee before I will give Sprint one more cent.

So where do we go? FCC or Better Business Bureauor both? Cut my ties with Sprint after 10yrs? Send letters to Dan Hesse and team? What is the next step.

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Do we contact the FCC or the BBB or both about service?

Here is the link for the FCC. If you are having service issues caused by the vision upgrade please consider taking 5 minutes and completing the online form.

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

Journeyman

Journeyman

Update.... I still do not have reliable service. Many dropped calls, missed calls, and no data!!! I've been told that we will all be credited for time we've had poor service. I hope you all have called Sprint and filed with the FCC and BBB.

Journeyman

I filed a complaint with the FCC. I am so tired of this company and their service issues. Today my husband and I are unable to send or receive texts. They told us that a tower must be down and they will get a tech out there to look into it. But it will take at least 2 days. This is bull. We have a son in the Army and I have no idea if we are missing texts from him.

Journeyman

I live in San Diego and suddenly started experiencing coverage/network/service issues after about 10 years of pretty flawless service. After 5 days of intermittent network coverage I called Sprint and and the rep put me on hold mutlitple times, each time returning with cryptic answers about a "tower outage." Maybe it's related to their "vision netowrk" upgrade? I dunno, but it's extremely frustrating. They did give me a paltry $15 credit for the inconvenience. My adivice for people in any market who are experiencing this problem is to call and complain-the more dissatisfied customers they hear from, the faster they will resolve the problem. And I would say complain to both the BBB and the FCC. It seems like a breach of contract if you're paying for a service (data, text) that Sprint fails to provide. Failing to provide a service that customers pre-pay (yes, we all pre-pay,something many Sprint customers forget)  seems like a pretty egregious violation of contract law. 

Journeyman

I was told that I would receive a credit from the time it started until they get it corrected.

Journeyman

And did you get that credit?

Journeyman

I received a $15 credit yesterday. After weeks of issues and hours on the phone with sprint someone finally gives me a $15 credit. I did one last thing before i jump ship. I had them do a factory refurbish on the Cellebrite machine today as someone suggested on another thread. I will report back in the next day or two on whether this helped but i will say the 3g is not disappearing every other second like it had been. I also received a call fro Sprint corporate today concerning my BBB complaint. The guy tried to hurry me off the phone. When he decided to listen and he realized how patient I've been he asked me to hold out one more day before dropping them. He said he would attempt to credit my account for more than just the $15. He said he would call me tomorrow and let me know. Im giving Sprint a couple more days with this. I will gladly pay $30 more a month and $250 for a new phone to leave a company who poorly planned this role out and now fails to take responsibility.

Journeyman

Similar problems in Atlanta, GA.

Journeyman

Re: Contact the FCC and BBB about poor voice/data? Sprint will call you!

Same issues in flower mound , TX and the DFW area . No 4g service anywhere in Dallas area unless you are close to a sprint store .

I am filling complaints today as $15 credit is nothing compared to the $150 I ampying for 3 phones and cannot even make a phone call

Journeyman

Re: Contact the FCC and BBB about poor voice/data? Sprint will call you!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.