cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Dropped Calls in Tucson --- is there an Outage? Please help!

Highlighted

Continuous Dropped Calls in Tucson --- is there an Outage? Please help!

I live in the 85715 zip code and am unable to maintain a phone call for longer than a few minutes today and last night. I had this issue about a week and a half ago also, for several days, and was told by a local sprint store that there were several towers out and the repair time was unknown, could be hours or could be days. I was fine for a few days but now it's back to dropping every call, even it I update my PRL and also talk on the phone outside. Can someone please give me an update and an estimated time for when this issue will be fixed? My cell is my only phone, and it is my primary work phone bc i telecommute from hime, so it's imperative that it's in working condition.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Continuous Dropped Calls in Tucson --- is there an Outage? Please help!

I do not see any known outage in your zip code.  If you can provide me with some cross streets close to you I will be happy to look at the tower performance.

Thanks so much for looking into it. North Pantano Rd and East Speedway Blvd.

Master

No problem.  Looking at the three towers closest to the location there performance is with in normal limits.   I do see that the nearest tower is scheduled for a voice capacity upgrade in the near future which is the next 90 days.   Have you  tried removing the battery form your device for one minute and putting in back in?

Is this effecting one device or more than one?

I have tried removing the battery, several times, but I'll try again. I took it into the sprint repair store and they did all the tests on it, so it's definitely not my phone --- well at least according to what they said.  It's just my one device, the HTC Evo. 

Master

Did the phone work in the store or was it with out service?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  It was operational, in that it turned on and was working as it should when not on a call.... but everything is operational except for it's ability to hold calls for longer than 2 minutes.  So, I don't think it was working but we didn't test it out either with an actual phone call.  He ran some 16-point diagnostic test on it to make sure all of the internal parts were working.   He said at the moment there were several outages and lots of people were having issues -- this was about a week to a week and a half ago.  Not sure of the exact date.  He told me to just refresh my PRL and to use the phone outside, instead of inside.  (which isn't good since it's 110 degrees in Tucson, but I digress...)  So, I don't know if I answered your question.  Let me know...

Master

If  you are having the problem all over the area it is most likely a deivce issue.  Could you send me a private message with your phone number so I see what I can find out about your device connection history?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.