cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage issues in Louisville, KY for over a month

Highlighted
Patron

Coverage issues in Louisville, KY for over a month

I started having issues in the beginning of June. I worked in Downtown Louisville at the time and service was great, never really checked at home. Then, around the first week of June, actually around the time the Evo 4G Gingerbread update went out, my clock began going back an hour or freezing during the night and I'd wake up on roaming. I restored my phone several times, no change. Reception would go from okay in some places to walking into the gamestop near my house (where I'd previously at least gotten SOME 3G data reception) only to find myself roaming with 0 bars. This is true of where I work too, with outside getting between 4 bars roaming and 2 bars of sprint depending on the day of the week. Inside the building I'll get 1 bar 3G or 0 bars roaming. No data, shoddy voice. Calls drop all the time now too and streaming is near impossible.

I called phone support 7+ times now. I was lied to several times. No misunderstandings, flat out LIES. I'm in IT. I've done smartphone support. When customer service claims to put a supervisor on the line who won't shut up about his wife's iPhone and trying to spin how Sprint is so great long enough to hear the issue, and who's conclusion is that no matter what I do I will not get any better phone service from ANYONE else (untrue, guy with Cricket sitting next to me the whole call had 5 bars, 3G, blazing fast, and was using a droid like me) I start developing questions about the competency of your phone support. In the end, he also stated that, no matter what the coverage map shows, Sprint would not guarentee that I'd get ANY coverage, especially not any coverage that matches the map. He essentially told me that Sprint didn't have to back up it's claims and I could either turn in my phone and leave (putting me out 200), accept the Airwave and have a glorified iPod Touch running android that could make calls while I'm in my room, or just deal with it.

All of these options are unacceptable.

The Sprint Store wasn't much better. Got called a liar a couple times, was told that they knew of an issue, but phone support didn't know, they didn't have any plans on reporting it, but since they had an Airwave in the back I must not be having any trouble because I had 6 bars in the store. Of course I have 6 bars, you are piggybacking your network signal off the local broadband landline connection. Durr. Fools.

Look, I had half my last bill taken off, and got a free Airwave. Considering the verbal abuse I had to deal with to get that much, they haven't been any consolation. I want some hard facts here. Is this going to be fixed soon? Does corporate know about it? What do you plan on doing to make this right by me, the consumer who feels cheated and abused by your company? Telling me to deal, live with the fact that if I cancel I'm out a phone, the $200 I spent on the phone, and all my service or just live with this suddenly crappy sub-par service is not acceptable. I'm already to the point where I feel fully justified reporting this to the FCC, but I want to give Sprint one last chance to make this right.

85 REPLIES 85
Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke to Sprint via chat today.  The rep I chatted with confirmed that there are issues in zip codes 40202 & 47117 (IN) since June 27th.   

He also said that there are no repairs scheduled......isn't that nice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had full 3G service all day (still couldn't load all web pages) and now I have no data connection at all!

This is fantastic!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually no voice & no data for about 15 minutes now.  Hmmmm, I still have five days to return the phone and go elsewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Leave and go elsewhere while you can. Sprint is only getting worse. T-Mobile does look pretty nice these days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Sprint offering an credits for this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't yet inquired about credits to my account.  I'm going to give them about another week.  After that, I'm all over it.  This is absurd......Google won't even load.  The internet is completely unreliable and more frustrating than beneficial.  Here's the best part....I bought the HTC EVO 3D which means I now have the additional $10 charge on my account which is ironic becuase my data services are actually worse.  I'm paying more and getting less. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, this is truly terrible.  We are a corporate account with 25+ phones.  Currently, coverage is abysmal all throughout the city.  Most web pages load intermittently, and many won't load at all.  It is impossible to get work done on the road.  My wi-fi hotspot is hardly working.  I will be contacting Sprint again today about the issue if I have the time.  I was sent a replacement EVO and it solved nothing; we have seven EVOs in fact, and now I know that they are all having the same problems.

This needs to be corrected immediately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have some bad news.

I spoke with a very knowledgeable rep at Sprint Retention yesterday.   She confirmed that there is indeed a major issue affecting 3G data in several Louisville areas right now.  She also advised that Sprint is working on the problem, but that the estimated time for repair is sometime in December.   Yes, DECEMBER.

I was offered service credits for this, but I advised her that I simply cannot wait 5 months for the 3G data issue to be fixed.  (As I said before, my connection works fine on WiFi.)

As much as it pains me to do so, I am switching to Verizon.  I'm just waiting on the Droid Bionic to be released.  I really, REALLY don't want to switch.  But at this point, I don't feel like I have any other choice.

(Lest anyone thinks I'm making this up, I encourage you to call Sprint yourselves at 877-775-4886.  I spoke with Johanna.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

As depressing as that info is, thanks.  It is appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not that I am doubting you, WDSTEWAR1, but how is that even possible?  For a major service provider to release such a ridiculous repair schedule for a critical service would be a veritable death sentence for their service in the affected market(s).  ETFs would not even apply as the provider would not be living up to their end of the contract, and thus the contract would be void.

Surely there is a more reasonable repair deadline than five months in the future.  The rep I spoke to suggested that the next possible date of repair would be 7/22 (tomorrow).  I doubt that'll happen, but it's certainly more rational than December...

We have a $2K monthly bill potentially hanging in the balance.

Can anyone from Sprint confirm?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought the same thing. 

To hear from Sprint would be fantastic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree 100%.  I would love to hear from someone else at Sprint.  Since there has been zero response as of late on this forum and little response on Twitter, I called CS.  I can only tell you what they told me.  I certainly hope what the rep told me was wrong, but she seemed to know her stuff.  I don't doubt her word, as it certainly does not benefit Sprint to tell me such a thing.

Like I said, I'm not jumping ship just yet.  We shall see if things improve in the next two weeks.  If not, I'm gone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.