cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage issues in Louisville, KY for over a month

Highlighted
Patron

Coverage issues in Louisville, KY for over a month

I started having issues in the beginning of June. I worked in Downtown Louisville at the time and service was great, never really checked at home. Then, around the first week of June, actually around the time the Evo 4G Gingerbread update went out, my clock began going back an hour or freezing during the night and I'd wake up on roaming. I restored my phone several times, no change. Reception would go from okay in some places to walking into the gamestop near my house (where I'd previously at least gotten SOME 3G data reception) only to find myself roaming with 0 bars. This is true of where I work too, with outside getting between 4 bars roaming and 2 bars of sprint depending on the day of the week. Inside the building I'll get 1 bar 3G or 0 bars roaming. No data, shoddy voice. Calls drop all the time now too and streaming is near impossible.

I called phone support 7+ times now. I was lied to several times. No misunderstandings, flat out LIES. I'm in IT. I've done smartphone support. When customer service claims to put a supervisor on the line who won't shut up about his wife's iPhone and trying to spin how Sprint is so great long enough to hear the issue, and who's conclusion is that no matter what I do I will not get any better phone service from ANYONE else (untrue, guy with Cricket sitting next to me the whole call had 5 bars, 3G, blazing fast, and was using a droid like me) I start developing questions about the competency of your phone support. In the end, he also stated that, no matter what the coverage map shows, Sprint would not guarentee that I'd get ANY coverage, especially not any coverage that matches the map. He essentially told me that Sprint didn't have to back up it's claims and I could either turn in my phone and leave (putting me out 200), accept the Airwave and have a glorified iPod Touch running android that could make calls while I'm in my room, or just deal with it.

All of these options are unacceptable.

The Sprint Store wasn't much better. Got called a liar a couple times, was told that they knew of an issue, but phone support didn't know, they didn't have any plans on reporting it, but since they had an Airwave in the back I must not be having any trouble because I had 6 bars in the store. Of course I have 6 bars, you are piggybacking your network signal off the local broadband landline connection. Durr. Fools.

Look, I had half my last bill taken off, and got a free Airwave. Considering the verbal abuse I had to deal with to get that much, they haven't been any consolation. I want some hard facts here. Is this going to be fixed soon? Does corporate know about it? What do you plan on doing to make this right by me, the consumer who feels cheated and abused by your company? Telling me to deal, live with the fact that if I cancel I'm out a phone, the $200 I spent on the phone, and all my service or just live with this suddenly crappy sub-par service is not acceptable. I'm already to the point where I feel fully justified reporting this to the FCC, but I want to give Sprint one last chance to make this right.

85 REPLIES 85
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what I've been noticing. My zip code (40245,Lake Forest) was just recently under tickets for a down cell site and voice/texting services. They say the ticket is closed but I think otherwise. In St.Mathews the ticket shows the area just having issues with overcrowding of the network (More cell sites and/or antennas are need) but my phone just simple does not get any signal. I am now roaming in a large area around Trinity High School. No Sprint signal until after passing Mercedes Car dealership when phone suddenly jumps to 4 Sprint bars of signal. I think that since so many people have switched to them so soon (They have claimed many new customers in the last 2 quarters) that their network just simply can't handle everything and is over-exhausted. Good New for Louisville though in the somewhat near future! After discovering something on the back of my Sprint bill, I got a glimmer of hope. I'll post an attachement to my post. It says Sprint is improving/putting up 16 new cell sites in WEST Kentucky. Now I know were not in west Kentucky geographically but if you ever notice and look at network tickets posted by Sprint Employees it always says something like "West Kentucky-Louisville Market-zip code inserted here- then description of issues and those affected". We are Sprint's largest market in KY. I have also talkd to many employees here on Sprint.com and they all say Louisville is expected to recieve many network enhacements in the near future. We'll See.......

As per the attachement, something is wrong with the Sprint website and won't let me upload an image or attachement. No go on either Mac or Laptop. What a quincadence, something of Sprint's not working right.....

Message was edited by: liliceman77

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint improving coverage 2.jpgAfter some effort I finally got the image to upload.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Too little, too late if you ask me.  Service has NOT improved at all.  Data speeds are still ridiculously slow, and there's still the occasional data outage (cannot connect, etc.)  But hey!  If I wait 4 months everything's gonna be peachy, right Sprint?

Sprint sucks now as far as I'm concerned.  I'm done.  Like I've stated earlier, I'm waiting on a particular phone to be released on the Verizon network and then I'm out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have about had it to. Over the past 2 weeks I have not seen my phone get more than 4 bars ANYWHERE in the metro area. In St.Mathews I can be standing right outside and be roaming. This is ridiculous Sprint. T-Mobile may be have some new customers in the coming weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have noticed delays in text messages by hours even days.  The mobile network will d/c for no reason on my phone and will be a pain the butt to reconnect.  Sprint offered me a $20.00 credit, but this is really getting old.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so glad I found this thread! I have a an Epic. I'm on the verge of taking a hammer to it, and switching to Verizon (after 13 years with Sprint). I have given up on making calls, receiving calls, using the Internet, and almost on texting (it can take 2-3 tries for a text to send). I hate paying inflated, bogus fees for "upgraded services" only to have a glorified paper weight.  Does anyone at Sprint even monitor his chat forum? I don't want to call the tech support to be told to power down and power up - I already do THAT daily! *sigh* I'm thisclose to lobbing this POS out of a window.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am utterly disguisted with Sprint. They've gone from a company I truly respected and loved to a company that I hope either turns around quickly or goes and rotts in bankruptcy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live downtown and work downtown for Humana. I NEVER have full bars no matter where I am. Not to mention there's no 4G connection to speak of. I work in the National City Tower 21 floors up and my desk is right next to all the windows that surround each floor...2 bars at best. It's ridiculous. Same story for my townhome on 3rd and Broadway. Just because the house is brick doesn't mean I should dismiss the fact that I can't get bars at home.

Don't send me an AIRWAVE because Insight cable service sucks too. I can't make clear phone calls, stream Pandora radio without a song buffering every 10 seconds, surf the web, or find a 4G connection while standing in the middle of a street-level parking lot.

Sprint's partner, CLEAR, shows 4G coverage in downtown Louisville. 2 towers--1 downtown and 1 in St. Matthews. I am in downtown 24 hours a day and can never seem to connect to this wonderful speeding freight train of data access. As a Humana employee we get 24% off our monthly bill...but it's hard to say I won't go to Verizon where the discount is 17% and my bill would increase by $30 a month because at least I KNOW they have 4G LTE all over Louisville.

What a joke Sprint. Stop telling people you're "America's Favorite 4G network." What they should say is "We're pretty much the cheapest and most misleading so a lot of people choose us." America can't change their mind without paying a +$200 deactivation fee to switch to another network. Verizon is the favorite, then AT&T. Sprint is not even close. Being a "4G subscriber" doesn't make you a 4G USER! I'm sure the have me listed as a 4G subscriber with my EVO Shift but I only got to use it when I went to Chicago. LAME.

Follow through with your promise to deliver 4G in Louisville to those who pay that ripoff Premium data charge and fix the 3G from having the bottom end fall out. And for heaven's sake, put a tower up in Floyds Knobs so my parents have service too.

I'll be switching to Verizon if 4G Indoor Coverage doesn't come by the end of November.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I am no longer a Sprint customer.

I got tired of all the endless issues and finally just went to Verizon.  I couldn't be happier.  Sure, I pay more... but I get consistent data speeds that blow Sprint out of the water.  (4G tends to do that... especially when Sprint 3G speeds are in the sub 300-400 kbps range).

Voice coverage is fantastic, data coverage is fantastic, customer service is fantastic... pretty much everything that Sprint is not.

I would recommend Verizon to anyone having the problems I was.  So far, I am very impressed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll be willing to bet Sprint will do nothing what-so-ever about 4G coverage in Louisville ANYTIME soon. I would recommend downloading the "Roam Control" app from the andriod market. It is a mere $3.99 and lets you use Cricket/Verizon's network. I get very much what I would call reliable signal now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded the Roam Control app. Unless I am doing something wrong, no improvement. Thanks for the tip! I was really excited about it.  And, you're right about Sprint, they don't care - they won't fix anything. I would probably get moderated if I let loose the string of adjectives I have to describe them. I don't appreciate having paid an additional $120 this past year for their "outstanding date services" when I've had nothing but grief and frustration.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Really no improvement?

1st. When you open the app do you select "Roam only"? Make sure that roam only is selected (you can check that your roaming by looking for a triangle next to your signal bars.

2nd.Go into Settings, Wireless and Networks, Mobile Networks, Roaming, make sure Automatic is selected and Domestic voice and data is selected.

3rd: Go to options and make sure the correct phone manufacturer is selected

4th: Once you have done all of this restart your phone

5th: Once you select roam only your phone should show no signal for upto a minute until it switches to the roaming signal

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.