cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage map says I have LTE coverage, but I don't. :\

Highlighted
Journeyman

Coverage map says I have LTE coverage, but I don't. :\

Called Sprint, and they have no clue why I am not getting LTE. I called a nearby sprint store and asked if they are getting an lte signal, they said no. I put that sprint store address in the coverage map tool, and boom! It says they are covered as well. What's the deal?

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! No LTE in Dallas. I tried Irving, Coppell, Carrollton, and Dallas uptown, no LTE at all....A staff in a sprint store told me it could be before end of this year that all DFW area could have LTE coverage...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live about 40 miles South of Houston and supposedly in a solid coverage area for 4G service as per Sprint's coverage map. 4G has been up and down since Saturday. When it does light up I've been able to get some fairly impressive up n' down speeds... Averaging between 9 to 12 mbs with a high Sunday morning in Clute at a restaurant of 24mbs! As the other posts indicate it is not "on" continually anywhere. Looks like to me we're still in the Beta test mode until they get the bugs worked out... So yes they did as they promised... Turned on LTE 4G service in the markets they listed... Sprint just didn't mention that you'd only be able to use it for a couple of minutes at a time!   EPIC FAIL SPRINT!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same for me. I'm in the Dallas areas and tried connecting in Plano and McKinney. Coverage maps shows lte coverage for work and home, but no love in either location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The end of this year??? Wow, so I downgraded to a 3g phone when I bought the Evo LTE?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here... I travel alot during the day at work, and Have a printed copy of the 4g LTE coverage map for the Dallas... I have yet to have it work Anywhere up the 75 corridor, plano, Murphy, Dallas, downtown dallas, etc. etc.

I don't think it is really turned on yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They probably all took Sunday off not realizing they were supposed to turn it on. They probably arbitrarily chose July 15th because it had a nice ring to it. I really thought Sprint would catch up to the other carriers and become competitive but.... if they cant pull off six cities, then I question their ability to really become competitive. They should not announce launch dates unless they know its going to work!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having this problem. I was in downtown Houston Friday night (7/13) and got my first 4g LTE signal. It was extremely impressive:

Screenshot_2012-07-13-19-08-57.png

Unfortunately I live and work in the Westchase area of Houston (Westheimer/Gessner) and haven't seen the signal since.

Westchase is easily in the coverage area according to Sprint.  I have not seen the 4g since I was downtown, and even my 3g is horrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that the lte coverage maps have changed a little, I have a picture of my area from yesterday and looking at it today I noticed some areas were not coverd so I comparred the to and they are different and even though I am in the covered area I'm still not getting a 4G signal ( evo lte in Kansas City ) I do someone in a different part of Kansas city that has shown a speed test on youtube getting 35 down and 13 up.  I have tried several things on my phone to get a 4G signal but nothing yet for me 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have no LTEservice on my HTC EVO LTE either (SW Dallas area), and have seen none in N. Ft Worth, Arlington, Irving, or Grand Prairie. The LTE coverage maps are a joke. I just got back from the Sprint store @I-20 in Grand Prairie. Sprint employee Branden Johnson said that only 15% of the towers in DFW were live on LTE. He said that there was no way to know how long it would take for everyone within the LTE coverage map to actually get LTE. I suggested that Sprint should be more transparent and keep its customers informed as to how many of the towers were live, what percentage of DFW was live, and what their plans were to get the coverage map to match reality. He was adamant that Sprint was being completely transparent in the LTE rollout, and didn't know of any other way that Sprint could be more transparent. He said it was completely obvious to everyone (except me) that it would take some time (could be months or years) for all of DFW to be live on LTE as shown on the LTE coverage map. When I mentioned the HTC EVO LTE phone fiasco, he said that Sprint was completely transparent and kept the HTC EVO LTE phone users informed at all times when the phone was held up in customs.

I don't expect LTE to turn on anytime soon. I will be surprised if it is on by the end of the year in my area. I also don't expect to hear anything from Sprint regarding the rollout status.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I would take what a Sprint employee in a store says with a grain of salt... 15% of the towers are live? I doubt that they would announce a city is "LIVE" and publish these detailed coverage maps with only 15% of the towers "LIVE" and up and running... I have a feeling we will end up with some software/firmware update in the next few days that will fix most of the issues... They had a similar issue with the original WiMax EVO 4G two years ago and they put out an update that fixed it when I lived in Nashville... Sprint employees in the store and some times the people on the live chat section here are clueless and will give you completely false information... They are usually guessing... I've caught more than one Sprint employee trying to tell me something that wasn't even true and I knew for a fact was false... They are sales people trying to sell you something... It's just a painful launch... I finally got a 4G signal for maybe 5 minutes when I got back home to The Colony but in Coppell, Irving, Lewisville, DFW I got nothing.. My phone kept going from 3G to nothing to 3G and nothing 3G and nothing... It was like it was trying to switch to the LTE network but it couldn't latch on.. There is probably something that is forcing the phone to stay on 3G instead...

Oh well good luck people.. I hope it's figured out soon but it's not that big a deal.. I Typically leave mine in CDMA mode only to save on my battery.. Once it's live and trust worthy I'll switch it over to LTE when I need it just like I did when I had the original EVO and WiMax....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Mckinney, work n downtown Dallas.. I bought a EVO LTE last night to replace my EVO 4G. No LTE service in either location. I figured Mckinney might be spotty but they said they went live in Dallas and I'm in Dallas as I 'm typing this. I'm not even going to bother calling service. It will be the usual baloney of are you in a building, you can't get 4g unless you are standing outside waving your arms and chanting a mantra. Do what I'm going to do, return your phone. I have my original evo so I'll get it re-activated. If they get it working and everyone is saying it's working, I'll revisit them. In the meantime, I'm not going to be scammed again..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I’m really upset and feel Sprint mislead their customers on the phones they sold on the 4G LTE network and the cities the 4G LTE was coming to. I went to a Sprint Store that was listed on the map in Kansas City, MO that is supposed to be covered in 4G LTE area today and was told 4g LTE Network is only in the South Kansas City area & Overland Park it this time. I asked why when I type in my zip code it shows I should have the 4G LTE in my area and this store is also listed as being in that area. I got no answer.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.