cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Area 3G speeds are just horrible (20165)

Highlighted
Journeyman

DC Area 3G speeds are just horrible (20165)

My wife and I just "upgraded" our phones to the Galaxy SIII, I love the phones but the data speeds on what it should be a 3G  are Horrible, I cannot get more than ~80 KB download speeds and about 150 KB upload speeds. I am extremely frustrated i have called customer service MULTIPLE times and they ask me to reset this and that but nothing works.... is not the phone is the network, i am almost to the point where I might just eat the cost of breaking the contract ~350 per phone =$700 and move on with life.

I understand that the network is upgrading but this is too much to ask for a customer especially since i am paying a $10x2 premium data fee. I am on the Reston Area (Northen VA) the hub of the Internet in the US yet my wireless is as if i had just purchased a 1995 1200baud modem.... screenshot of my latest test below illustrates just how slow it is...

11-21-2012 1-53-29 PM.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: DC Area 3G speeds are just horrible (20165)

mrxcel,

I am glad you like your Galaxy S3, I am loving mine as well! Those data speeds just won't do and I would love to look into what we can do to improve them for you. May I please start by getting your cross streets? I looked into the zip you provided but I would like a closer look.

Thanks,

*Ben

Social Care

Journeyman

I'll PM you

Journeyman

Mrxcel,

I LIVE in the DC area where Sprint is just HORRIBLE!! I used to have the Photon 4G until it was lost and unless it was on 4G speed, the phone was virtually useless on the 3G network. I am strongly considering switching to T-mobile's no contract and buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 where I have seen T-mobile kick ass in this area with super fast data speed throughout this entire area. Supposedly Sprint has done HUNDREDS of data upgrades in this area but it really has not improved much at all around here.

Journeyman

zoukaddict, The frustrating par is that my wife and I just upgrated about 45 days ago, Im hoping that there is a solution soon but if this is the same after the holidays i might need to write these expenses off and move on. It does impact my work (sometimes not getting e-mail) and when using google maps the GPS loads fast but the Map data is not fast enough to keep up with the demand.... good luck to you too!

Journeyman

zoukaddict,

I would love to look into your specific area if you would like. Just let me know your cross streets and zip and we'll see whats going on.

*Ben

Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.