cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFW Area outage (August 2012)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: DFW Area outage (August 2012)

I'm having similar luck in Wichita Falls. (76305)...no eta on when 4G services should be restored? Thanks!

Travis

Highlighted
Journeyman

Might be fixed in 24 to 72 hours.

I just got off the phone with Advance Technical Support to get my Airave set up, so now I have a mini tower in my place.  During the conversaion I asked about possible down towers and explained the issue and what I had done.  She checked and there are 8 towers that are down in our area so they have dispatched repair crew and it could be repaired in 24 to 72 hours.

You may want to call into support and tell them you are having the problem.  They are going to credit my account for the outage time.

Dennis.

Journeyman

We have an outage today in the PHX area. I called customer service and it looks like the same thing as in the DFW area -- tower outages which started yesterday Aug 18th and won't be fixed until the 20th or 21st. Hmmm...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Waco area is just the same no connection in 76643,

serious issues with sprint right now, considering leaving...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re:  HTC EVO 4G - DFW Area - Located in 75225 Zip code but problems not limited to this zip code.  Everywhere I've been in the area ... Absolutely no 3G service for 3 or 4 days now.  4G Service is very limited.  Have also experienced some problems with voice service in locations where I never had problems before.  As we enter a new work week, this is now past the point of just being annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In Southwest Austin 78749, 1 bar signal strength, sometimes 0, since Aug 15.  And no answers

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/463756#463756

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear of your issue.  I did take a look in the general area of zip code 78749, and to better assist I will need additional information from you!

I definitely would like to further research.  If you will, please send me a private message including your name and phone number so that I can access your specific account information including physical location and surrounding areas.  Please do not post any personal or account information over the forum.

I look forward to corresponding with you1

Sincerely,

Monica

Highlighted

Intermittent service can definitely be annoying.  I'm sorry you have been experiencing this. 

As I had posted to another customer, I would be more than happy to further research your issue.  Please me a private message with your name and phone number to better assist and research!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Monica

Highlighted

Aaron76643,

We definitely appreciate your business, and I'm sorry to hear that you considering leaving Sprint!  I was able to review the coverage within the zip code that you provided 76643, and in fact we have recently upgraded the network towers (network vision).  With network vision updates comes capacity and service issues for the towers that are currently online, unfortunately. 

I have been able to further research accounts to verify what more needs to be done to work towards a resolution, and would like to research on your behalf as well.

I will need your name and phone number to do so.  Please send your information within a private message.  Be sure not to post any personal/account information over the forum so that you account privacy remains secured.

I look forward to corresponding with you!

Monica

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in 60628 Chicago and I have been without a phone since friday, aug. 17th...same issues as you...I have the epic 4g touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

I visited a Sprint store in Plano (a city north of Dallas) and they pulled up that as of last night (8/21 @ 7pm) the tower serving the downtown Dallas area is STILL down - over 1 week later.  1 continuous week of no service (no voice, data, or text) in the 9th largest city in the United States.

Upgrading to the network to provide LTE service is not an acceptable excuse to bring down existing services for over 8 consecutive days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least you gave you a Airave....they tried to sell me one before.........this is frustrating........I done tried to send this post for twenty mins

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.