cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFW Area outage (August 2012)

Journeyman

Re: DFW Area outage (August 2012)

I have been unable to use my email on my LG RUMOR touch since Friday.  It stopped working at some point and I was not aware until later in the day.  Also noticed that I have voicemail notification and no voicemails.  Matter of fact even my saved voice mails have been deleted.  I called SPRINT and was advised they are experiencing problems and it would be resolved.  Once resolved I would get a phone call.  Well.........I'm still waiting........  76103

Journeyman

It looks like Sprint was finally able to get their tower in downtown Dallas running as of 8/24.

Journeyman

Still having trouble in Grand Prairie (75052)...and have since Aug 14th.  I have talked to Sprint twice.  Both times they said there is tower issues and would be resolved by 23rd.  Didn't happen and still can't get calls or texts sporadically.  I was also told on the first call that I would receive a credit to my account...which did not happen.  And on the 2nd call I was told she was going to "hook me up" to a different tower.  Still same problems.  I need some results and fast.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hummmmm........ same thing happened to me!  My second call was the same info, tower by my house is out and they are working on it.  Should be back up w/in 24-48 hours, that is long passed.  In addition, he said he was transfering me to a supervisor and I waited 10 mins and nobody ever answered the call.  Matter of fact the call finally dropped!  Must have gotten close to that "tower that is out"....  They should really just be upfront and tell people what's really going on.  My issue is, if the tower is out and the internet is messed up, then why can I do everything relating to the internet?  I have no issues other than I can not retrieve my email.  He said, "it's not an email problem, it's internet issue".  That makes no sense because I get on the web all day long with no issues, no matter my location!  Boo!  Not impressed with the responses we are all getting and the lack of action to fix the problem! 

Journeyman

I am in Huntsville and as of about 3am cst I completely lost voice but I still have data. I would call sprint but I can't CALL! My coverage does have five bars and says 3G, just not able to make or receive calls. Any ideas?

Journeyman

Same here for me in Houston, must be having big issues....

Journeyman

Well, considering I've called them twice to no avail, I suppose it won't matter that you are unable to call.  Sign on here and send them a message since you can't call.  Tell them to get busy and hook you back up! 

Journeyman

If you are still having issues I would call care and ask to talk to a supervisor and request a free airave to be sent as you as you can't make phone calls.

Good luck!

Journeyman

Called twice about issues in zipcode 75028 and got a aug 17th date first and then was told that the tower in Flower mound is being fixed and will be done by 24th .

Today is 29th and I still dont have any coverage . Just one single bar at most and if I am inside my home , the phones will go into roaming mode . This has been the case for more than 3months and I used have a 4g with atleast 2 bars before . Looks like they dont have any more customers in my town and doesnt care about fixing the towers .

Can I cancel my contract , since there is no service in my area ?

Journeyman

I would tell them you want to cancel your service, they will send you to customer retention and they should offer to send you an Airrave. if there are previous phone calls about this problem logged on your account then they should send you one.  It works with your broadband network at home and is like a mini cell tower in your home.

That is what I had to do.  I called support at least 6 times and went to the sprint store 3 times and at the last store the rep told me to call in and demand an airave.

Journeyman

But that would only fix the signal issue at home .  we are still not getting the 4g signal elsewhere in the DFW area and so whay do we need to pay the $9.99 data charge they added after rolling out 4G .

on top of that we are paying for service that doesnt exist and use the Broadband service that we paid for to make it work and so its like double whammy

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.