Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dallas/Richardson TX Signal Loss and Text Delay

Highlighted
Journeyman

I currently attend the University of Texas at Dallas. I've been a Sprint customer for a little over a year now and I'm using an HTC EVO 4G (latest firmware). Signal is great in the Dallas metro area. However, on the UTD campus in Richardson, TX, my signal is terrible.

What's worse in the dorms on campus where I live, is that most of the time I have no signal. Zero bars. A lot of the time I actually get the "x" above my bars saying I have nothing!

As such when people call me, they hear 15 rings and then they get sent to my voicemail a lot of the time. I don't even hear my phone ring once. Or, if the call actually connects to me, the call usually drops due to signal loss. Additionally, during the call I am asked to repeat what I say many times because I am "cutting out." Again due to signal loss. Many times when I try to call someone my phone won't even start the call because its signal is too weak.

When people text me, I receive their texts around 15 minutes late most of the time. And texts I send are delayed too.

It is absolutely infuriating to be trying to help someone with their homework, or talk to my family members, and have the call drop every single time.

Anyway:

2600 Waterview Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75252

Anything I can do to get better signal? Or is there anyone in management I can talk to?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master

When did this issue start if it hasn't always been this way.  I'm checking the area for performance.

Tom

Highlighted
Master

Re: Dallas/Richardson TX Signal Loss and Text Delay

Hello again.  We actually had a Service Alert on the tower closest to that location back on 9/9/11.  This engaged Network Engineers into that area and an EVDO "augment" was approved and is already underway.  This means that there was a capacity issue on that tower probably due to increased data traffic at the university, and we have already started a capacity upgrade.  We should have this project completed within a week or so as there are many components involved in an augment other than the tower.  We appreciate your patience and service with Sprint.

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly the signal has been poor ever since I first moved in around August 20th.

So the tower's capacity is being upgraded. Does that mean that it will be able to handle more traffic at once? But will that boost the signal in my area?

Highlighted
Master

It can apply to "overall performance."  It can also be that certain sectors are offline or being toggled during the maintenance which can amplify the problem.  If the signal has not improved by the first week of October, you can private message me and I'll get it reported for you.  Just click on my avatar and reference this post. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright, thanks. I'll definitely be looking for an overall improvement in my service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tom,

It is now October 9th and I have not seen improvement in much of anything. My texts are now sent and received slightly faster, but I still do not receive all calls and my calls continue to drop repeatedly during conversation.

What can I do to help get better reception here.

Journeyman

Going to keep bumping this until the issue is resolved. The problem still persists.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tom, have you reported this yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm rather irritated with the lack of responses by support staff in this thread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My signal yesterday was especially atrocious. Texts didn't even send/receive half of the time. I was flipping back and forth between roaming and normal all day, one bar each, at most. There were a couple times when people called me that they got a Verizon automated message saying that my phone couldn't be located.

Come on guys, let's get this fixed. What can I do to help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Signal issues persist yet.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.