cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on 3G not working, Matthews/Stallings, NC 28104/28079/28105

Highlighted
Patron

Data on 3G not working, Matthews/Stallings, NC 28104/28079/28105

I have called customer service 4 times to complain. Although they told me they will investigate, nothing is being done as far as we can tell. I am 1.1 miles from the tower I am connected to and can get a signal of -95dbm to -85dbm. However, the data state is disconnected all the time. I have a data logger and and can see that the data network is disconnected. No data services or apps using data will work. Three different phones have the same problem since mid-July. Once I leave this area and get on another tower everything works fine.

Get I get someone to troubleshoot this? I have tower info that I can pass to a tech.

If anyone can tell me how to edit the PRL or somehow force the phone to roam to another tower, that would be helpful until Sprint does something about this problem.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Data on 3G not working, Matthews/Stallings, NC 28104/28079/28105

I am seeing some data outages in the zip codes you have provided for me. Can I please get an address or cross streets close by so I can determine if the outage is affecting the tower you are using?

Thanks,

Ray

Patron

Thanks Ray. Here is a intersection about a mile from the tower and close to my neighborhood.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5597+Stevens+Mill+Road,+Stallings,+NC&hl=en&ll=35.11961,-80.64379&spn...

Patron

Does Sprint have an online tool for reporting data network troubles?

Master

Hello.  At this time, we do not have a customer facing reporting tool for Network problems although that is being discussed.  The way to report these types of problems is either through a Sprint Tech here in the forums or to call into Tech Support and ask for a Network Ticket to be created. 

Tom

Patron

Thanks Tom. I tried reporting it to tech support and that went nowhere. They told me there were no data or voice issues in my area. After the 3rd call they told me they were creating a network ticket to have my tower and connection checked and there has been zero improvement since then (10 days) and no one ever followed up with me. Ray above was going to look into it but I didn't hear back from him either.

A smartphone is useless without a data network and Sprint owes me a month of credit for completey failing for the entire last 30 days.

Patron

Ray, any update?  "I am seeing some data outages in the zip codes you have provided for me."

Data network is completely DISCONNECTED when I am connected to my local tower, which is 95% of my business area. I am about throw my phone through my local Sprint Store window.

Master

Hello.  Please private message me by clicking on my avatar.  I will check into your ticket status in private. 

Tom

Master

I did some further analysis on this area and found 3 towers that are impaired.  This can cause a variety of problems including slow to no data, inability to make and receive calls, and delayed or failed text messages.  The zip codes that are currently being affected are 28104 28105 28270 28277, however, the impairment may be affecting adjacent zip codes as well while the repair is completed.  The primary tower that was labelled as "down hard" meaning out of service, is slated to be repaired by 8/20/12, early morning.  The other 2 towers have quicker estimated times of repair within the next day or two. 

Your trouble ticket may have been "linked" to these tower outages which means, engineers are already engaged and working to fix the problem as quickly as possible. 

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience, we are working on it. 

Tom

Patron

Tom, thank you very much. This gives me some hope that things will improve soon. Also, I sent an additional piece of info to you in PM. Thanks again.

Patron

Sprint customer service .... no help after 4 calls and supposedly a "network ticket" placed to look into my local tower.

Sprint techs here on the forums... game me some info then dropped me like a rock.

My problem? Not one bit better after all of the calls and emails and complaining. It is clealy a local tower issue. I can drive away from my area in any direction and as soon as my phone attaches to a new tower my data network is fine again.

My contract is up in two months and have no reason to renew.

Journeyman

I'm in 28278 and its been 2days without incoming calls/text/vmail.  Hopefully they correct this soon!  I had an network ticket created today.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.