cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data service outage (Seaside, CA 93955)

Journeyman

As of 13DEC11 data service in the Seaside and Monterey, CA area has gone to zero.  I can pick up service when I get one the Marina side of the hills but loose it when on the Monterey faces. Nanyone else experiencing this problem?

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

I see a closed ticket for this area 93955 ticket # 8403964, it shows closed 12/12/2011 and from what you are noting the problem must have re-occurred. May you please private message me. I will need account information to create a network ticket for you.

PinkElmo.

Journeyman

We still are not able to get service.  I had to leave our neighborhood/town in order to get the voicemails and texts that have piled up on my phone since Tuesday.

Journeyman

We are having the same problems and not getting a voice or data coverage in Seaside.  Is there an ETA for this to be fixed!

Master

Please give me a business address close to you so I can drill down into the tower performance. We don't want you to post your address for privacy reasons. There are 5 towers in the area.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Intersection of gen Jim Moore and Ardennes circle in seaside, ca 93955

Master

Re: Data service outage (Seaside, CA 93955)

This area is right on the sector line of the tower. If this issue continues you need technical support to gather info and submit a CTMS ticket for your issue. I don't see any outages but I believe it is a issue due to the merging of the two sectors.

1217 seaside.jpg

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Why would this be an issue now when it wasn't for the last year?  This problem started this past week for us. 

Master

When I analyze the info I look at location first - I don't have any cell number to see how a specific device is failing. If  multiple people in an area have issues it can be the antenna - if you call in and we see your usage we can see the percentage of your calls failing. If in this case it is the people nearest the line between the sectors it would mean the antenna "aim" or "signal" could be off it's proper alignment. It could be the transmitter, the switch in the tower or a multitude of things. Because we do not have alarms notifying us of a problem we need people directly affected by this to call in and create backend tickets to to failures to your service to the tower and correct it. Many times the problems are so drastic that alarms go off and tickets are created automatically. That is not the case so far with this location.

I also am not on duty 24/7 and will be off in an hour and wont be back until Tuesday morning. Many times I would contact and communicate through private message but when I am going to be away that is not an option. I hope this explains this a little more.

Larry

Journeyman

I can't call anyone from the problem area.  I can't text from the problem area.  I can barely keep my phone on in the problem area because it the battery is draining so quickly.  Sprint had the best service in this neighborhood for the last year but no longer.  What changed?  Maybe when they fixed the other problem mentioned by pinkelmo they messed something else up.  The neighborhood that is effected is the entire Ardennes Circle not just the intersection.  I know multiple people in the area that are sprint users and they are all experiencing the same problem. 

Journeyman

I can't call anyone from the problem area.  I can't text from the problem area.  I can barely keep my phone on in the problem area because it the battery is draining so quickly.  Sprint had the best service in this neighborhood for the last year but no longer.  What changed?  Maybe when they fixed the other problem mentioned by pinkelmo they messed something else up.  The neighborhood that is effected is the entire Ardennes Circle not just the intersection.  I know multiple people in the area that are sprint users and they are all experiencing the same problem. 

Journeyman

I just checked my phone and the antenna strength is showing full service (voice not digital) yet I cannot complete a connection to make a phone call.  Can't call my wife can't call Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.