Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data service suddenly non-existent - 01930

Journeyman

Data service suddenly non-existent - 01930

Hello,
I'm on East Main Street in East Gloucester, MA, 01930.
Using Iphone 5... sprint customer for many years.  My data connection here at home was formerly excellent, consistent 3g, several times I'd even considered eliminating home broadband.
Around a week ago, LTE came to my area, and was available at my house for all of 1 day. 
By the next day, LTE was gone, and low and behold, so was 3G!  My Iphone now bounces between "o" and "3g", but seems to display the "o" about 75% of the time.  Speeds are so slow that I can not even get ookla speedtest app to connect to a server.
Voice service is still a consistent 4 or 5 bars through all of this. 

3 REPLIES 3
Master

I am sorry that you are having a problem   with data on your device  I do see that there is one 4G tower in your area.   Could you give me a street that cross main street so I can check on the towers serving you to investigate this problem.

Journeyman

e.main st/ plum st.

Master

Thank you for the information  you provided.  Checking the towers near you  the closest tower is  6 tenths of a mile to the northwest.  This should be the tower you are connecting to .  There is a 4g tower  just over a mile away  to the north around Blackburn and Mass 128.  Both towers are showing they are performing correctly at this time.  I understand that is not what is happening for you.  Could you send me a private message with your phone number and pin or answer to the security question so  I can narrow down what tower your device is trying to use.

Do you have the problem all around the area or just at one location anything with in about  half mile of your address is the same as at home.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.