Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in coverage/sync?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

Hi,

I have an Sprint HTC EVO 4G in the Boston area and for the past 3-4 days there has been a delay in getting notifications on text messages and email messages.  I will get a new email in my Gmail account and see it online (desktop/laptop) 20 minutes before my phone alterts me of a new message.  Sometimes I will have read the message on my computer and then the phone will alert me of a new message when there really isn't one.

People are sending me texts and it's taking anywhere from 1-5 solid minutes for them to come through.  People think I'm not responding to them and calling me!  I've restarted my phone several times and the problem still persists.  I've shut down the phone completely for 5 minutes and restarted but the problem still persists.  Sometimes notifications are in real-time but more often than not they are really late.

Most of the time my phone is working on 3G when I'm in the office but when I'm home I have some 4G coverage.  Also I recently had the phone replaced under my service plan because the data port was bent.  Does that have anything to do with it?  Are replacement phones new or refurbished.

Please help, this is very frustrating especially since I have the phone so people can communicate with me!

Thanks,

Nicole

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Delay in coverage/sync?

Are you using any task killers or battery extenders? This is the number one cause of the symptoms you are having.  What zipcode are you in when you see these delays?  Give us an address near you - for privacy don't put your exact address.

Replacements can be either - if you enter ##786#  then scroll down Reconditioned Status - either Yes or No

I will respond once you reply.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

I'm using ES File Explorer and the free version of Gemeni App Manager, would either of those interfer?  And the phone is reconditioned, date is 7/14/2011.  Like I said this is fairly recent but very frustrating as I just had the phone replaced.

Thanks for any help!

Master

Delay in coverage/sync?

Uninstall the Gemeni and see if things change.  Also I will monitor your repost.  Just remember to back out of apps with the back key instead of hitting the home key when you want to launch a new program to save battery by not having too many apps running.  I am not familiar with that specific app but applications of that type typically stop device from updating network on position and the network cant deliver the message. 

Larry

Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

I unistalled Gemeni and also checked for updated versions of Firmware, Update Profile, etc. from the Settings/System Updates menu.  Just in case that helps, I periodically check those things. Sent a test email from my work account to my gmail and got notified right away.  Doing a test on text too but still waiting for a response, this could be a system delay or the person I texted can't respond yet.

So far it seems a little better but I will re-post if the issue comes up again.  Thanks for the help.

Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

It's doing it again!  Grrr!  From 2 pm until 7 pm today my phone did not alert me to new Gmail messages.  Also I had someone send me a test text and I go that fairly quickly but the phone was on vibrate (since I was at work) and it didn't vibrate.  I think there might be something wrong with the battery. 

And I shut the phone off, let it sit for 2 minutes and restarted it and it still didn't sync my gmail until I went to my inbox and hit the "refresh" button from the Menu.  It didn't even sync when I went to Settings and Sync Accounts.  WTH? 

Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

P.S.  Now my phone is notifying me I have new gmail but I don't, like the alerts are on a 5 hour delay.

Journeyman

Delay in coverage/sync?

Also I have alarms set up to wake me up in the morning (3) because I'm NOT a morning person LOL and the alarm for 8 am doesn't go off.  At first I thought I was shutting it off in my sleep but I was actually awake and getting ready for work today and noticed it never went off.  I hadn't disabled it or changed anything on the phone.  I'm definitley paying a visit to the Sprint store this weekend!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.