cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriorating service in Indianapolis

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Deteriorating service in Indianapolis

Still no 4G, still horrible 3G speeds, still drop to 1x in a lot of different places around town, and I still don't receive calls sometimes at my house even when I have several bars of 3G service.  I gave up calling Sprint a long time ago because I get tired of having to sit on the phone and deal with crap.  They'd usually credit my account when I'd call, but I'd much rather just have decent service.  My contract ended yesterday and I'm afraid I'm going to have to jump ship to verizon after 10 or more years with Sprint.  I realize towers are being upgraded in Indy (though I've heard that claim plenty over the last couple years), but it's just too little too late.  I also just want to say that ever since the Evo came out Sprint representitives have been telling friends, family, and myself that 4G would be up in Indy in a month or two.  Two years later and there's still no 4G.  I really do not appreciate these lies.  I know several people that signed new contracts with Sprint solely because of these lies and it's a shame that a company would stoop to that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, I have gotten a lot of info in the past week or so.  Sooooooooo here we go:

1. Contacted Indiana Regulatory Commision.  One business day later, Susan Mansfield (susan.a.mansfield@sprint.com, 866-727-0665) contacted me via a phone call (which went into voice mail) and by e-mail.  Bottomline, she said there were not any issues and there are no tickets open.  She said she does not see that I have missed calls and I advised her a logging system will only see calls missed if ALL systems are working!  I am not sure she got what I was saying.

While I was on the phone with her, she said she would put in a ticket regarding my issues and send me an e-mail about the ticket.  Well it's been well over a week and I still have not seen the e-mail she said she would send me.

2. A company I do business with sends texts and e-mails when jobs become available.  They sent an e-mail stating the following:

SUBJECT: Attention Company Pros Who Are Sprint Users

BODY:

If you’re a Sprint user with SMS capabilities, you may have noticed that you’re either not getting your messages from Company, or are experiencing delays that range between five minutes and two hours.

Why Is This Happening?

We don’t know. Despite repeated attempts to work with Sprint, they have not resolved the problem, nor have they given us any actions we can take to fix it. We are still trying to find a resolution, but it seems that we are at a dead end.

If You Have MMS

For Pros with MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), there is a work around. If you insert xxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com into your secondary email address, where xxxxxxx is your phone number, you will be able to get messages from Company and with no delays.

What You Can Do

You’re a paying Sprint customer and should be able to receive messages from Company – and get them in a timely fashion -- no matter what. We encourage you to get your voice heard by speaking up on Sprint's public social media platforms and forums. If Sprint receives lots of requests from Pros affected by this, we think that this will get their attention and strongly encourage them to provide a solution. To help you get started, we have provided a few sample Tweets and Facebook posts for you within this letter. Of course, feel free to create your own message but please be sure to include @sprint and @sprintcare and @Company in your tweets.

Sincerely,

As far as I am concerned, this is more proof that I am losing business because of Sprint.

3. More to come!

Journeyman

Hi,

Not sure about the second part of your post, but there is a Trames ticket for Indpls, 10046 currently Open and has been for a while.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Omega,

What is Trames and how do we find out about the ticket?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes....I was also given this ticket (10046) and a resolve date of 11JUL 2012 for service areas including 46278 and 46268.

However the line went completely dead when I inquired about the 4G service availability ETA.

Sidenote: Sprint will apply compensation for outages AFTER the issue has been resolved.

Can't wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Oakie,

Trames is a network "outage" that affects large areas basiclly.

This one affects almost a Million active subs.

Its sad I know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had a lot of issues the last couple of days- Zip codes 46220/46109-- I lose signal here in Indiana like it is a joke. I was traveling through the country streaming spotify in Ohio, but once I got near Indy...it just stopp working and wouldn't stop buffering even after a restart. Then yesterday i had "all bars" full and i couldn't even load web pages. Then they would finally load minuets later. This is totally unacceptable for the price i pay. I just don't understand why Indy has the most issues and why nothing has been done about this over the years. I am calling today to see what is going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4g indy coverage.gif

Here's proof that we have horrible data service in Indianapoilis.  I just wish we could get an honest answer as to when the upgrades will happen. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have 14 days left on contract and I'll be saying goodbye to Sprint after 12 years.  It's too bad really because I wanted Sprint to succeed, but with miserable data performance like this I just can't do it.  I got a whopping 6kbps download speed last week at the State Fair.  Even if the network is upgraded, I think they'll be focusing on getting their LTE network in Indy up and running.  I'm not certain what I should expect to see as far as perforamnce improvement on 3G.  Plus, I'd end up needing to get a LTE phone with them anyhow if I wanted to take advantage of the LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint. And said all the towers where i travel are fair...which means that they have poor reception and that with all the people using the same signal will just bog things down more. Also I gave her my ZIP where i work 46219 and she said that the tower here is down, so that explains some. But seriously anywhere I go..i just get poor reception and can't stream. Just stupid..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Miamisburg, OH and having the same issues. One particualr area is over capacity, which also has a ticket open (been open for a while).

I've been with Sprint for so long, I've referred over one hundred customers, but lately there service is extremely poor. I know they may be working on it, but a little honesty in their progess would go a long way.

I know Verizon is going to cost a lot more, but their service works. I've been reluctantly debating the switch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in the NW of Indianapolis and the service is bad. Data very slow, so slow that I can't use my front facing camera. Youtube it is useless. Sprint promise me 3G, but not everywhere 4G, I agree with that but their 3G speed it is 1G. We should do some to fix this problem. They are taking our money and nobody say nothing.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.