Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriorating service in Indianapolis

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Deteriorating service in Indianapolis

I agree with you. In the past Sprint was a good company with blazing data speeds, but since a year and half ago, everything is a mess. I think this is because sprint is using its network for boostmobile, virginmobile and so on. While boost and virgin mobile customers pay 50 for the same service we get, we have to pay 95 dollars for the same crappy service. What's the deal.?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like your statistic graph. It shows how dishonest is sprint with the Hoosiers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

Since I first posted this, I have tried several things including getting Fox59 to help.  They ran a piece about the service a week or two ago.  I e-mailed them with info I have and everything I have tried, but they did not respond.  I am in the process of getting suitable compensatio/credit from Dan@Sprint.com.  They told me two weeks ago issues were resolved, but they appear not to be as I am still having issues throughout the city.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone ever received a rebate for down towers.  I have called and they say the tower is down call back when it is up and you will receive a credit for the downtime.  Problem is how am I suppossed to know whent he downtime is over.  It's not like I can tell the service is better.  The service is deplorable whether the towers are up or down.

ANy ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a tower out on the east side near my job and had no signal at all for 10 days while i was working. And I use my phone for work.. So I called and asked what was I paying for if I could not even make a call. She said gave me an estimated 3 more days of downtime of that tower, So in total a 10 day downtime. They gave me a credit..no issue there. No questions just around $20 off my bill. The tower is back up and running now and seems to be better than previously, better still meaning not that great compared to other service providers. They could be doing upgrades and work on the towers, but for ten days...no way..even if it was a regular issue, it should not take ten days to get a tower up. The speeds here in Indy are horid as they have always been. I just want to feel justified for me paying a premium for a premium service. Sprint should have looked at Indy first and Ohio because they have to know there are issues. They should take care of the customers they might lose first. Give us some 4G by next spring or at least a decent 3G speed so i can at least listen to spotify on low quality settings while driving around. We pay a premium and we are customers. We deserve to be heard and taken care of as we are stuffing their pockets with money while our pockets have signaless bricks in them. How can i trust my phone will have signal when I am in danger, or stranded, or need an emergency call.. Honestly I really can't rely with my life on this phone if need be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good News ALL!! Sprint is pushing 4G LTE Service all over Indiana in the coming months.....hopefully this will help us out with paying for a premium service and actually getting premium service. I feel like they are doing this because of the IPhone 5 now....

My EVO 4G LTE is almost useful now

Sources:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/10/sprint-4g-lte-debut-new-york-los-angeles-chicago/

http://htcpedia.com/news/Sprint-LTE-Expanding-You-May-Have-To-Wait-Over-A-Year.html?l_page=1&p_page=...

http://www.technobloom.com/sprints-plan-of-massive-lte-expansion-brings-good-news-to-htc-evo-4g-lte-...

Cities here in Indiana that will be getting it within the upcoming months...maybe..

Indianapolis, IN

Muncie, IN

Columbus, IN

Gary, IN

Warsaw, IN

South Bend, IN

Marion, IN

Anderson, IN

Elkart/Goshen, IN

Carmel, IN

However, I will believe it when i see it.....another thing is that some of these lists are different....a little sketchy..

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.