Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Sprint's coverage

Journeyman

Disappointed in Sprint's coverage

I went to Sprint from T-Mobile back in March. I knew I wanted an iPhone, & I researched between Sprint, AT&T & Verizon. Verizon was out because they were more expensive. I was deciding between Sprint & AT&T. I looked at cost, coverage & customer opinions. Unfortunately, few of my friends in this area have Sprint. But those that did have it seemed to be pleased. I checked the coverage for areas I would be in the most, & the coverage map indicated that where I work, live & visit the most all have excellent coverage. I decided to go with Sprint as they have the unlimitied data plan.

Now, six months later, I am disappointed. I am very pleased with my Iphone 4s, but the coverage seems to lie. Where I work, in Westampton NJ (08060), the map shows 3G in "best coverage." But at work (Pioneer Bv/Academy Dr), my data is very slow & most of the time i have the little "degrees" symbol where the 3G would usually be. At first I thought it was just because I was inside, but it's also outside, it's at the local convenience store & Applebee's & seems to be in a general 1 mile radius of here that the 3G coverage is poor. Unfortunately for me, I work 12 hour shifts here & quite a bit of overtime also. This would be the place I use my phone the most & my data is quite slow. Texting seems fine & I don't use it for calls much but that seems ok too. I find it VERY disappointing that I'm paying $80 a month for unlimited data coverage, that your coverage map had & still does indicate that is "best" for this area & it's obviously not.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.