Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint Network cover Puerto Rico and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands for voice & data coverage without roaming fees?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Sprint Network cover Puerto Rico and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands for voice & data coverage without roaming fees?

I will be traveling soon to San Juan,PR and St. Thomas, USVI and have recieved conflicting answers regarding voice and data coverage for these places.  The Sprint map shows that they are on the Sprint Network so voice and data should not be charged as roaming, but others have told me that voice only was no charge, and that there was a roaming charge for data.

Does anyone first hand experience with these locations?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you all for posting. Nationwide Sprint Network provides quality indoor and outdoor coverage for voice and data services while in the U.S.,  Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in San Juan, I have service with Sprint alhtough I can tell you is not good at all.  Too many issues with voice and data signals.  But you should be able to use it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info Rick, but I still need an answer to the original question.  Thanks

Wizard

I have visited Puerto Rico many times since I have family member that live on the island and also have Sprint. Since 1999 which is when I became a Sprint costumers all plans that include nationwide Sprint coverage include Puerto Rico (all the current plans include Puerto Rico for voice (and data if your plan has data plan) with no extra charge on the Sprint Network). Now if your plan includes roaming you will be able to use roaming in Puerto Rico with no charges. Now as ricktd mention coverage in Puerto Rico does have issues right now since Sprint is upgrading to Network Vision in this market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I visited San Juan, St Thomas and St John last summer...no extra charges for voice or data.  If you enter a zone where such charges exist (flying over Turks & Caicos), you recieve a text notifing you. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i would hope so seeing as how theyre installing Network Vision down in PR...i believe San Juan was also in the mix of receiving NV as well..so at least those 2 places for sure.

SaltyDawg404 wrote:

I will be traveling soon to San Juan,PR and St. Thomas, USVI and have recieved conflicting answers regarding voice and data coverage for these places.  The Sprint map shows that they are on the Sprint Network so voice and data should not be charged as roaming, but others have told me that voice only was no charge, and that there was a roaming charge for data.

Does anyone first hand experience with these locations?

Thanks in advance.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you all for posting. Nationwide Sprint Network provides quality indoor and outdoor coverage for voice and data services while in the U.S.,  Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks to everyone for the answer!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mentira ustedes no sirven cada dia esto esta peor miente sobre esto estabya cuando es mentira

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.