cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint care about me or am I just "another account"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like some honest opinions on this from both other sprint customers and Sprint tech personnell. I want to explain this as detailed as possible to give you a complete understanding of how i feel. When i have an issue and call sprint help i feel as sometimes the person on the other line acts as if im just another account, even when i threaten to leave. Its almost as if they read from a script and just get paid by the hour and dont care. The bad thing is they dont always understand the person they are talking to and why its so important. I will give you my example: I am a business owner, i run an online business and an offline business, my online business pertains to my offline business. I have had sprint for 7 or 8 years now and have always had good service until the past few months. This affects me greatly. i want you to understand why its so important (and the people i call at sprint when i am having problems). look at my website briefly to get an idea, just browse quickly as im not trying to sell you anything or promote my business just want you to have a good understanding of the importance of my cell service, www.foreclosurecleanoutprofits.com. Here is the deal, i get an average off 400 to 500 emails a day, about 300 get replied by me from my sprint phone. ( today was 316 message replies) at the end of my email reply it says "Sent from my Sprint Samsung Epic on the Now Network". Last week i had 2322 replies. I teach people to not only start a business but with the smart phones now days i show them how to run 90% of their business from their phone. I inadvertently advertise for sprint with every message i send. To me that makes me a good customer for sprint and i also run most of my business from my phone so its very important to me to have good service and a reliable carrier. Basically my phone is my livelyhood but i cant seem to get the sprint operators to understand that when i am having a service issue. I know their are other customers in the same boat that use their phones for their business and rely on it alot and understand the same grief i have. I also feel that reguardless if its soley used for business or just a luxury if we as customers are paying for a service then we should be treated fairly and get the service we pay for as that is how sprint survives, no customers, no business. We have had a cell tower in my area out for almost a week and i have to drive 20 minutes from my home to recieve service and had my child get sick and couldnt get a hold of the doctor because of the service issue. I also have missed alot of business calls because of lack of service. It also seems as if the network everywhere has slowed down tremendously. Besides the emails i take ALOT of pictures with my phone and email them as well. I cant seem to get half of them to send anymore in alot of areas, not just my home area. I dont know what is up with the service for the past few months but as i said in a previous post i dont mind paying the early cancellation fee because its just another business expense and i would rather pay more through another company to know i am going to get good service and be able to efficently run my business than have to guess when i will or wont have service. This is really frustrating and i want to hear your opinions because i am real close to switching comapnies if the service doesnt get any better. I also see other post of people with outages for months and i cant wait that long.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

I understand you DEPEND on your device - give me an address (not just a zipcode please) near where this issue is occurring and I will do an analysis and see if a ticket is entered for a fix or if we need to get further network repairs initiated  in the area.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whiskey rd in leesville sc 29070, thanks for the response Larry

Highlighted
Master

Re: Does Sprint care about me or am I just "another account"

Here is the problem - Time will fix it but evidently the phone line to the tower is down.(link is internal only)

Single Cellsite 8244562 At 2011/11/04 22:25:36 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the South Carolina : Columbia, SC Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) LEC   Local telephone carrier engaged, restoration in progress . 11/04/2011 17:25:00 CST 3 11/12/2011 14:52:48 CST 11/07/2011 14:58:03 CST CR72XC209 Leesville SC 29070

29xx Fairview Road Leesville, SC 29070 is tower location - The next nearest tower is on Ben Franklin Road near I-20 and 178 intersection.

The tower is dead - It is highest priority - The landline phone carrier that the data/calls route through is down. I see notes that state they are engaged and expected fix is an estimate - I really expect this to clear before Nov 12 date shown above - but cant promise it will. The good news is that it is not a part of the tower - just the connection to the tower. I understand it is beyond frustrating and for Sprint it is also. A phone line is taken for granted - and I can see that on Nov. 4th it went down and is still down.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info larry, its just frustrating for me because I miss alot of business. I dont pick up the tower on Ben franklin but its only 10 miles or less from me. I traveled from leesville to Columbia today, an hour away near cleamson rd and only had good signal for about 15 mins the rest of the time was 2 bars or less and roaming on verzions towers. I hope the line to the tower out here gets fixed soon but it still doesnt help the poor signal i am getting else where.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.