cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it ever get any better with Sprint? I am thinking NO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does it ever get any better with Sprint? I am thinking NO.

Ok, I have officially decided that sprint is the worst cellular provider that there is. For Almost 6 months my service has been nothingmore than horrendous. 90 percent of all of my phone calls are dropped, no matter where my location is at the time. I have called and complained, tried to be nice, have yelled and screamed, asked to be released from my contract since I can not effectively use the service anyway. Of course, they claim they are updating towers and it will be done within a couple of days at most. Well, no matter how you look at it, 6 months is a far cry from a couple of days. Yesterday, even one of their customer service reps complained to me about her service that she gets in Virginia. I am in Northwest Indiana. So, sprint decided to work on every single one of their towers everywhere. What Kind of idiot decides that is a great idea. Oh wait, that is right they are not working on towers, it is their excuse for crappy service. I am fed up with all of the lies and all of the excuses. They offered me a 25 dollar credit for four months and are sending me sometime type of device to link to my internet so I can at least use my phone at home. Well that is just wonderful, if I never left my house. I am not looking for anymore excuses or bullshit I want a result, and from the looks of it, so do many other people. I am at the point to where I am ready to hire an attorney to get out of my contract and to get a refund on all monies paid in last 6 months. This is unreal. I am done playing games with them. I will tell everyone how "great" their service really is. It is sad when I am driving down the road and see a truck with "SPRINT SUCKS" painted all over it.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Right now, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland,  Massachuscets , Northern Illinois. North Western Indiana, New York City, Kansas, Missouri, LA Metro. Texas, and Northern Georgia are being upgraded. It's going to be so much better when it's done. Do you have a ZIP Code?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its not getting any better, i seen T MObile users with better connection than Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been recently equally disappointed, especially after seeing that my daughter's boyfriend's Droid Razr Maxx on Verizon can get 4G LTE inside our home! My neighborhood is on the edge of the good/fair area, according to Sprint's coverage maps. Today, though, I noticed that while on 3G things seemed "zippier", so I ran a speedtest and noticed I was getting over 1Mbps download, which I hadn't gotten in months. Perhaps Network Vision is on its way or technicians fixed something on the tower. I'm in Columbia, Maryland, zip code 21044. I can get WiMax coverage in the retail and business areas of town, where I've been able to get as high as 10Mbps downloads! But in other 3G areas in the area, especially on MD 32 near MD 295, 3G data is basically useless, dialup speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Vision is actively being deployed in your area, there are 6 towers south and 4 towers north of/in your city that have been upgraded.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in the Kansas City area specifically in the 66048 area code which is only about 35 miles North East of KCMO and we are supposed to have been getting more cell towers for better 3G service but I have yet to see any improvements. What really irqs me is this whole area is where the Sprint World Head Quarters is. yet in my town the only 4G area is a very upscale gated neighborhood! Figure that one out! Every other carrier has 4G in this town yet our own local boyz just can't seem to or just don't care enough to pander to us average Joe's. Just to those that have enough money to request that Sprint build cell towers in their back yards!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought the same as well but I done some research and found out why the service is so bad now. In competition with their competitors, such as Verizon and AT&T creating a 4G network Sprint competed by making a 4G service they called WiMax.They found out that WiMax was not up to par compared to the other carriers, and the time being spent to fix this is elongated for not only do they need to install the LTE signals but take the current ones out as well. This new signal is the same as Verizon and AT&T and statistically by the end of 2013 Sprint will have more coverage than both of them! In my area the signal is only already getting better, slowly but surely. I decided to wait out for them all to finish (I see the tower workers the days I drive to school near the free way. But stay with Sprint. In the long run you're the thing that sets you apart with your friends on other carrier, is that you have unlimited data ;).

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's really crazy. When I go in to pay my bill I get the little circle sign or no signal. In the store??? That's a little crazy. When my contract is up, I'm gone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have run speedtest.net for 2 years. I have a 4G HTC EVO phone and the average speeds in Indianapolis are 117kbps down and 158kbps up. My contract is up in March 2013 and I can't wait to switch to Verizon. I have been with Sprint for 12 years but I've had it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@M09856

My own issues are WELL documented (http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/506784) and I have fought this an entire year! I have had MUTLIPLE "upgrades" in my area all of which have made zero difference. Network Vision is a JOKE. I have honestly seen not a single bit of difference, save getting worse still, on each upgrade Sprint has performned in my area. They continually tell me there is NO problems yet there are upgrades to capacity being done? I typically get 4-35kbps in my area, WHEN I actually have signal.

@ShindoKiani

It took Verizon, which much more bank than Sprint, many years to roll out their 4g network. It has taken AT&T more than two years now just to get a small LTE precence. Both of these companies DWARF Sprints size and amount of money they can throw into the initiative, and it took them many years. Do you REALLY think a company that can hardly handle the upkeep on it's aged 3g enviroment (with the industry slowest speeds) can match and then surpass the large companies in 1/3rd the time? Also, Sprint quotes their LTE as 6meg.... thats about 34meg slower than I see on my coworkers Verizon right now (he just pulled 41meg down and 15meg up).

I am tired of the HORRIBLE, FOUL, RUDE, ***HOLE customer service and managers as well. I am NOT joking when I tell you I had a escalation manager curse at me and tell me they don't want my "**cking" business and just pay the damn ETF and get the hell away from them. How do you respons to that? I have had other blame me for all my issues.

I FINALLY had a manager call me last night, or so I have to assume as my phon never rang and my voicemail on it did not show up till this morning, saying they want to help. I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP, I WANT OUT OF MY CONTRACT NO ETF. I AM DONE TRYING TO FIX YOUR NETWORK WITH YOU WHILE YOU SPIT ON MY FACE DAILY!

2012-10-02_11-07-29.png

Message was edited by: Jswinsinski1
Added "speed" test.

Highlighted

STACIEWINSTEAD,

There's no easy way to tell our customers to be patient for the upgrades to be complete, and I understand your frustration completely. Sprint's Network Vision plan is being carried out nationwide to improve coverage, data speeds, and network reliability. This involves replacing our existing tower equipment with new parts, testing, etc. For some of our customers this has caused intermittent issues with service, which we are well aware of. But we have had positive feedback from certain areas that has seen improvement with their service due to our upgrades, and for many it was well worth it. To stay informed with our constant network improvements, go to sprint.com/network. For 4G LTE news, annoucements, and reported LTE data speeds, check out sprint.com/LTE.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ayo_tech

I do not envy your position at all. I am sure it is slightly disheartening to have members like myself who have been lied to and mistreated for so long by Sprint that we are becoming beligerent and jaded. I do not doubt that Sprint has fixed some issues in areas, I had great service in San Antonio for insatnce, but unfortunatly Sprint does not feel it nessesary to fix all issues reported for very very long periods of time. Here is the issue I have, I have over a year of documented problems, none of which have been resolved. My problems result in my phone either completely without service, roaming, or the random time when on Sprint having service so bad I might as well not have it, which Sprint has not fixed in a YEAR, yet they have no problem lying to me making me buy new phones and finally when all their excuses are finally dried up, not letting me out of my contract for lack of service. There is a very valid reason why I am angry, disgrunted, and want out.... Sprint MADE me that way

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.