cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtown Chicago texts failing during the day on weekdays

Highlighted
Patron

Downtown Chicago texts failing during the day on weekdays

For the last month I've been having problems sending text messages on both my phones from different locations, and it always happens during the day on weekdays. I have a Nexus S 4G and an EVO Shift.  The text message will fail to send (the phone will tell me it failed to send) and I will have to re-send it two or three times before it goes through. It doesn't happen everyday, but when it does it does the issue persists for hours (it isn't just a one off thing).  Later in the evening it will be fine.  Is the network overloaded?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Could you please provide me with your zip code?

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Patron

I've had the issue most recently in 60661, but it also regularly happens in 60607 and 60611.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Blackberry 9630 Tour and i am having the same problem. I am also in down Chicago IL in the Loop my zip code would be 60606

Highlighted

I have not seen any reported outages in the above zip codes. I will monitor this post and keep you up to date on any changes. I did noticed there were quites a few outages in certain areas of Chicago but like I said didn't include any of the above zip codes but still may be affecting your towers as well.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in 60601 and have also had text messages fail to open with strange error messages today. Signal has been terrible in this location (office building on Michigan Avenue) since last week, even worse at home - cell phone is basically useless anywhere on my property since Sunday, August 21, 2011. Home zip is 60546. Is there something wrong with the entire Chicago network?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.