cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls almost constantly!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I are having a lot of difficulties holding a phone conversation or sometimes even connecting a call at all, especially over the past month (and we have only been on Sprint since the end of August, so this is not a good sign).  I have an Evo 4G and she has the Shift.  Just this morning alone, it took over 3 minutes for us to even connect a call.  Then over the next 3 minutes, when we were able to connect, I dropped the call 5 or 6 times, without moving more than a few feet.  My phone would show full signal and then I would get the dreaded beep in the earpiece, look down at the phone, and see zero bars of signal.  Then it would jump right back up to 3 and then 5 bars.  I would call her back and the same thing would happen within seconds.  My law office is in zip 74133.  However, we have this exact same issue pretty anywhere in the state.  I travel all over Oklahoma and seem to only really have a problem trying to call my wife on Sprint.  I can call the office (which is a landline system) and I can usually call my family on Verizon without any trouble.  But I cannot seem to get a call to connect to my wife (much less keep the call going until the conversation is over).  Many times we attempt to call each other, it just simply will not connect.  It is so frustrating to spend 2 or 3 minutes just trying to call each other.  Sometimes it will sound as though we have connected the call only to have it disconnect before we can even say a word.  While I have had the issue this morning really bad, it happens all over the state.  It is going to get to the point that we leave Sprint due to the insufficiency of the network to even connect our calls (and we have not been on Sprint but a couple of months).  I must be able to connect a call to my wife when I make the call.  It is totally unacceptable.

Please help in any way that you can.

Edit:

However, the problem occurs all over Oklahoma

10 REPLIES 10
Master

With call dropping all over the state  I would suspect a device issue  have you taken the device in to have it tested?

Journeyman

Re: Dropped calls almost constantly!!

No I have not.  However, the issue seems to really only happen when I try to call my wife on Sprint.  It does not seem to happen when I call the office (landline) or my family on Verizon (cell phones).  I can take our phones in to have them checked.  We do have the insurance protection and we have only been on Sprint a couple of months, so if it is a phone issue, hopefully I can get a new one to replace it.

Master

If the problem is only when calling your wives phone  then it might be a network issue   Does the issue changes if she is not at your home address  or do you have problems with other carriers when you are at your home address.  Does she have problems with all callers .   The more we find out about the when and from who the dropped calls occur the more we can focus in on the cause.

Journeyman

The issue does not change between us.  She goes between Tulsa and Stillwater everyday during the week for class.  I travel all over the state for hearings many days of the week.  I just happened to be in the office today, but it happens everywhere I go (OKC, Norman, Stillwater, Lawton, Guthrie, all of the highways/interstates in between).  It seems as though she is having the issue only when trying to call my phone, and that I am having the issue when trying to call her phone. 

Master

sorry I did not get back to this thread sooner.   What needs to be done  since it is just your wife's phone. Is to call customer service  for a ticket  for unable to make calls to a specific number.  As other calls work there is not a device issue so that leaves the network.

Journeyman

I'm in Norman, OK - also have an Evo Shift, and have been having trouble with dropping calls and generally poor signal the past week or so. I've had this phone since May and had never had an issue with it before.

Sucks.

Journeyman

Having ridiculous dropp calls in Princeton, NJ as well.  Literally had five drops within a 30 minute window.  Is it the influx of IPhones that is causing this?

Journeyman

I live in Wichita Kansas and just over the last week or so my phone has been dropping calls like crazy! I've never had a problem with dropping calls before.

Evo 3D

Wichita, Kansas

I am in Norman 73072 and OKC. I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with nearly every single call being dropped. Don't let them tell you that it's your phone. (My wife and I both have the Evo 4g) Service was always great until the last couple months. Network has gone dramatically down hill. Could it have something to do with all of the new people overloading the network with the Apple 4s?

Journeyman

My wife and I have the same problem, we both have EVO 4g phones. We live in Michigan and do not even have 4g service, but that is for a different thread. I have been with Sprint for over 8 years and the last few months have gotten worse.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.