cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4g Phone (3g network) dropping calls

Highlighted
Patron

Hey guys, I am another one that is having horrible issues with dropped calls.  Today I dropped 3 times talking to one person and kept having to call them back.  On the phone the call will go quiet and then I will get the dropped call message from Sprint.  I can immediatly make a call and reconnect with the person... There is no time limit on a call or single person that this happens with.  It does not happen everyday, but some days are worse than others...Today was horrible. This is becoming such an issue that I can not use this phone for important calls and HAVE to get this issue resolved... Any one have any ideas?

Zipcode- 34953

android version- 2.3.3

baseband version- 2.15.00.0808

build- 4.54.651.1 cl134969

software- 4.54.651.1

pri- 2.15_003

prl 60681

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Hi CROGE, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. There is an outage in your area at this time - there was a problem with a control module on the base station of a group of cell towers. The network engineers and technicians are currently on site working very hard to resolve the issue ASAP. They opened trouble ticket number 8323653 today at 5 PM central time. On their trouble ticket they posted an estimated time of repair to be tomorrow 11/11/2011 at 5 PM central time - but most of these types of issues are resolved within 8 hours. I am sorry for the inconvenience here and I thank you for your patience and for being a valued Sprint customer.

Patron

Do you know if this has been an on going problem?  Will wait until tomorrow and see if this indeed does fix the problem... Thanks for the update...

Wizard

There are no closed tickets in that area within the last 7 days - so I would say no, it has not been an ongoing problem. It's my pleasure, and again, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. The issue should be resolve shortly. Thank you.

Patron

Just curious if you know if this issue was resolved or not... I am still having issues with my phone... I can watch it and have 4 bars and everything is fine and it will drop a call, I can then look at the phone and it will have no bars.  This is when I am sitting at my desk, not walking around or anything.  The message that I am getting is call disconnected.  I can watch it and when it gets bars again, I can call the person back and it will work for a while but then the same thing happens again.  I would not think this is phone related, just network... but I am beyond frustrated with this phone/service right now... Any suggestions?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.