cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Delayed Texts

Journeyman

Extremely Delayed Texts

I have been told that my texts are being extremely delayed. My friend received 14 messages from me at 3am. I seem to be receiving everyone's texts fine. Going out is the problem. I have a iPhone 4s. Anyone have any insights?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Extremely Delayed Texts

Gerdzunas,

We would need a little more information to assist.  Do you use an Ariave?  What zip code is this happening in?  When was the last time you performed a battery pull and update profile on your phone?

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

I don't use Ariave, I don't even know what that is to be honest. The zipcode is 60169. I have a 4s, you can't pull the battery.

Journeyman

There are also 2 phones on this account. To my knowledge only the second line is having the problem.

Journeyman

I had the same exact problem for several months. I was using the Samsung Epic 4G. Random outgoing texts would be delayed for up to 3 days, and then the delayed ones would all be delivered at the same time. I would get replies from 4 or 5 people who were confused because they all got a mass of very late texts all at once. Very often I would be having a text conversation with someone and maybe 2 or 3 out of the conversation of 10 or 15 would randomly be delayed.

Tech support told me the problem was probably my phone. They sent an update. That didn't fix it. I switched to a cheapo LG and the problem was exactly the same.

Then I bought the Epic Touch 4G and went to France for a week. Since I've been back I don't seem to have that problem exactly. Instead, I only get incoming texts from a small handful of friends. Everyone else sends and sends texts and I never get any notification whatsoever about it.

I did have Google Voice integrated and would not get the notifications there either. I suspected GV was the issue. So I undid the integration. But nope. Still exact same problem.

I've not talked to tech support 6 times about this issue. They keep acting like they've never heard of such a problem and want to send an update to my phone. Supposedly I've got tickets open and notes on my account and they're supposed to be fixing it, but each time I talk to someone they can't find any evidence of this.

I just found this:

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-08/tech/sprint.text.message.problems.wired_1_sprint-network-text-mes...

July 8, 2011? Really? And it's still as bad as ever with no end in sight? This is pretty much unacceptable since I use my phone for business and clients and business associates occasionally send me text messages and assume that I will get them.

Journeyman

Ron,

Why I have not been contacted regarding this issue yet? It has been 3 days since the first posting regarding my problem with my iPhone 4S texts being delayed. I have gotten another friend who says that the same thing happened where they received a handful or more of texts from me in the morning. This is very inconvenient for people.

Gerdzunas

Journeyman

This has been happening with my Evo 4g for several weeks. I have taken it to the store multiple times. I took it to a new store today and they are sending me a refurbished phone because they have no idea what is wrong with it. The last thing I wanted was someone else's problem so I am less than happy with Sprint right now.  They have reprogrammed, replaced the antenna and hard reset it. It tests fine on their machine.  I get messages up to an hour late but they send on time.  Any other ideas from here? Super frustrated!

Wizard

I've had that happen to me once or twice over the years, Gerdzunas. More often than not, it's a marginal coverage problem. I'm in coverage, but just barely, with the signal just flickering below a usable level. Another explanation I've seen given by Verizon reps (yea, it happens on all the major carriers for the same general reasons) is that the inter-carrier message gateways, the pipes that connect one carrier network to another for text message delivery, sometimes go offline unexpectedly for hours at a time. Do you have the experience in every location you visit, or is it concentrated in one place? Do the messages that come through originate from just one carrier, e.g. Sprint?

Highlighted
Patron

I have the exact same problem that started about 3 weeks ago.  I had a Sprint Nexus S for about a year that was working fine, then my texts started being delivered all at once to my friends during the middle of the night.  I called sprint and they "fixed" it and then it all happened again the next day.  I called back and was told to take my phone to a sprint store, which I did, and they "fixed" it, til it started doing the same thing a few days later.  I called the store and they said that I should send in my phone to samsung since it was still under a year warranty.  Then I pulled out my old flip phone and activated it and sent it my Nexus S to Samsung.  Now my flip phone is doing the EXACT SAME THING.  My friends will only receive some texts and then get a bunch all at once a few days later.  I called Sprint to tell them that this is proof that it wasn't a problem with the phones, obviously it is still happening with another phone, but they told me that my flip phone probably has the same problem and I need to get it fixed too...... REALLY two phones having the exact same problem?

Anyway, I am at lost for what to do now.  Sprint tech support doesn't know what's going on, neither does the Sprint store...My Nexus S is still at the Samsung factory, but I know now that I shouldn't have sent it because it wasn't a phone problem.  I hope I get it back...

Anyone with any ideas?

PS this problem has happened to me in all different locations: good service, bad service, Mass, California - so I know it doesn't have to do with reception or roaming.

Journeyman

I'm in the Naperville, IL area and am experiencing the same issues with two phones, both are Evo 4g. I have seen my network get worse for the past year or so, but over the past few days our text messages are delayed and calls never ring on our side. My wife only gets notified of voicemail when she attempts to make an outbound call. She sent my 8 text messages yesterday during the day and I received all of them this morning (about 12 hours later). We went to the store today and they told us there are tower outages in the area as Sprint is upgrading the towers. He said this could go on for a few weeks. I depend on my phone for work and this makes it difficult. I guess I will have to be switching once the latest phones get released on all the carriers.

Journeyman

I'm also having an issue where my outgoing texts aren't received for up to days later. I have Google Voice, but use the standard messaging app for sms. This wasn't an issue for me until about ten days ago. I've looked at a few forum posts and with similar problems, but have not yet seen a conclusive solution.

Patron

I had this same problem for the last month.. you can read my post above for more info.  I finally realized that when I disconnected google voice from my sprint account the problems with delayed texts stopped.  I am very disappointed in this because I love google voice and used it almost daily for the last year.  I guess something went wrong in the last couple weeks.  I might try it again in a month or so, but using google voice wasn't worth the delayed text problems.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.