cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Slow 3G Speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

Extremely Slow 3G Speeds

I am currently experiencing extremely slow 3G service speeds in the area of 60110...average download speeds should be between  600kbs -1200kbs; however I am experiencing 100-200kbs.  My girlfriend who also has Sprint is experiencing the same slowness.  It is frustrating when people in the same are who have AT&T and Verizon on 3G are getting speeds on average of 1800kbs!!! In reading the threads I am not the only frustrated user..who cares if the data is unlimited if it is sooo slow that you can barely use it. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just started using sprint my self with a Nexus S phone in area 54301 and I'm also having huge issues with reception, no matter where I go I'm always roaming and if I'm not roaming I have no reeption at all so my phone is basically useless 90% of the day everyday...  Not a good way to start as a new customer very disappointed so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thats how it is and they fail to adress the issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

google "technofiles hack the evo"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in 54301 also and it sucks.   Hope Sprint fixes this soom or they will lose a 12 yr customer!

Highlighted

JosephKralovetz I am going to send you a private message to get your home address I have searched zip code 54301 and I am not locating any known outages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an EVO 3D, and I live with my girlfriend who has the Sprint iphone 4S we live in zip code 60110. My 3G speed are slow and my girlfriends iphone is crawling, that it is a joke.  We are both 10+ year customers and considering jumping ship. I emailed Sprint and got some standard verbiage that Sprint tested the iphone with other carriers and they saw no difference...BS!!! I have done numerous speed tests side by side with other iphones from friends who have Verizon and AT&T and the speed on Sprint 3G is a joke...barely 0.2 mb/s when Verizon and AT&T were at 1.5mb/s and 2.0mb/s.  I would keep contacting Sprint until they solve this...it seems to be more of an issue with the Iphone 4S on Sprint.  In a nutshell I was told that network improvements are being made as part of the Network Vision program blah blah blah.  People are paying for a service that is supposed to be at 0.6mb/s - 1.5 mb/s. Sprint needs to give some timemline on when this issue is going to be resolved.  My loyalty is being tested.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in the 11357 area code and i am having extream 3g speeds as well.....i called sprint and they wanted me to do a hard reset on my phone or go to a sprint service store.  I went there and they also wanted me to do a hard reset as well till i asked them to test there phones and see if they had slow speeds as well and they did......sprint has been going to crap latley with there 3g speed and there 4g coverage area is garbage also.  i have the samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

photo 3.PNG

I just spoke with Sprint tech support and the tech pushed and 'update' to my iPhone 4s. It actually got slower. I am in the 21601 area and am getting .15 down and .13 up. The tech said there is some 'known issue' with iOS that is causing Sprint iPhones running 5.1 to have slow data speeds. There is no estimated time on the fix but that it is being addressed. Is this a load of BS? Has anyone heard of an IOS issue??

My co-worker has At&t iPhone 4s running 5.1 and is getting 5 Mbps down when we run simultaneous speed tests.

It took me over 20 minutes to download the CNN app and 30 minutes to download the speedtest app. See screenshots and progess bar on CNN app along with time at the top!

photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

My girlfriend, who I live with, has the same exact issues with her iphone on Sprint.  Data speeds are horrible.  We need to keep letting sprint know that this is not right.  If we were behind in our bills they would go after us so quickly. What is the point of having unlimited data when it is sooooo slow. If you guys get any information of a so called fix that apparently apple and Sprint are working on please post. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My area is 03062....The first run is on 4G 1 bar..everything else 3G...

2012-01-18_05-57-11.jpg

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.