cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow 3g speeds and poor latency, Minneapolis, MN

Journeyman

Extremely slow 3g speeds and poor latency, Minneapolis, MN

Hello,

I'm a new customer as of last night, and I've been having spotty service and extremely brutally slow data all day in my office (downtown minneapolis, corner of 6th and niccolet). This is comparable to the poor service I have been receiving from my previous carrier T-Mobile.

Starting at 11:30 central time, I've run periodic speed tests across several servers, and have yet to get a speed above 200kbps. Is this common for the Minneapolis area? These tests were run every 30 minutes or so.

TimeLatencyDownloadUpload
11:30am4249ms149kbps3kbps
12:05pm347ms16kbps19kbps
12:41pm329ms25kbps33kbps
1:15pm249ms21kbps49kbps
2:00pm387ms9kbps32kbps

Is there an issue downtown or is there plans to alleviate this? My coworkers AT&T phone gets 1200kbps, and another's Verizon phone gets over 10,000.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Extremely slow 3g speeds and poor latency, Minneapolis, MN

I've experienced this too. Both in MPLS and St. Paul.

Journeyman

Good morning

What zip code are you located in? *Paida

Journeyman

my speeds are typically .04mbps - .33mbps. Nowhere near the listed average speeds.

In my eye's, this looks kinda scamish in the context of Sprints supposed "Unlimited" data. At these speeds, I would never consume enough data to hit a 2GB cap.

What disappoints me the most is I'm forced to pay a $10 premium per phone for the privelege of having a data plan on my iPhone.

At this point (a year in to my iPhone AND having had similar experiences the 2 years prior w/my Android) I'm about to go Verizon.

Journeyman

Why are these questions not being responded to?  I am having same issue in Nashville, TN.  I have posted a question, had an initial response, then it has been left to wither.....

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/104411?tstart=30

Journeyman

I've heard that Sprint is upgrading to 4G LTE...and maybe this is the reason, but my phone has gone from functional to useless in the past weeks with 3G service slower than the mid-90's 33.6k or 56k dial-up modem speeds.  Sprint, what's going on???  This is rediculous that we pay for service and cannot get any service while in downtown Minneapolis.  It's obviously not my phone as I'm running a speed test right now and I'm getting 1.2Mb down and 600Kb up.  What's the scoop???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard that Sprint is upgrading to 4G LTE...and maybe this is the reason, but my phone has gone from functional to useless in the past weeks with 3G service slower than the mid-90's 33.6k or 56k dial-up modem speeds.  Sprint, what's going on???  This is rediculous that we pay for service and cannot get any service while in downtown Minneapolis.  It's obviously not my phone as I'm running a speed test right now and I'm getting 1.2Mb down and 600Kb up.  What's the scoop???

Journeyman

Journeyman

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.