cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATED AND FED UP WITH NO SERVICE ISSUES!

Highlighted
Journeyman

FRUSTRATED AND FED UP WITH NO SERVICE ISSUES!

I've been with Sprint for almost 10 years I would say. Over the years I was very satisfied with Sprint's service and cell phones. When my 1 or 2 year contracts were up I would upgrade to a new phone and re-sign the contract and never thought anything of it because I never had a problem with their service. A few years ago I had a Palm then upgraded to the Palm Pro and was having many problems with the phone itself. After taking it into the Sprint store and having them replace it multiple times I decided to upgrade to a different phone and re-sign my 2 year contract. That was last March. I switched to the HTC EVO Shift and have had nothing but service problems ever since! My phone is constantly in Roam or going in and out of roam (I constantly hear the roaming notification going off.) My time is split between home, work and my boyfriends house. All three places I can't make a phone call unless I go outside. If I try to make a call indoors basically anywhere I go...home, work, boyfriends house, friends houses, mall, grocery store...the recipient of the call cant hear me because I'm 'breaking up' and then my call is quickly dropped and I have to walk outside to place the call again where I have service. There are places in my work, home, boyfriends house where I have absolutely no service at all...can't text, can't go on the internet, can't place a call. One spot in particular...my boyfriend's living room couch...NO SERVICE! SOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I live in New Jersey (08052)...no service when I go down the shore on the beach and boardwalks and no service on the way down the shore in certain areas. If I'm inside and I need to make a call, I've just been using other people's phones and I think to myself what am I paying almost $100 a month for? Just for texting and internet that sometimes doesnt work...I can't even make complete phone calls! My sister and her husband have Sprint service and both have the HTC EVO and have no problems. We live in the same town just a few blocks from each other, frequent the same places and they have no problems! At first when I started having the problems I figured something was going on with Sprint and it would eventually fix but it's been many months and no change! I called Sprint's customer service to explain the problem. I was told to turn the phone off, take the battery out, wait a few minutes, put the batter back in and that should fix the problem. Well, it didnt! I was told I could pay to get an Airave for my house and it has a small monthly charge to my bill. HELLO! I'M ALREADY PAYING FOR SERVICE! IS IT CRAZY TO EXPECT TO RECEIVE THAT SERVICE?!   After getting nowhere with customer service, I went to the Sprint store where they checked the phone out and decided to order me a replacement phone which I assume is refurbished. They switched my contacts over and on my way home my call is dropped! New phone still having all the same problems. I deal with the problem a few more months and emailed customer service this week. The guy was trying to be helpful and offered me the airave thing...which is not going to fix my problems and i'm not paying any more money per month. He tells me he thinks it's the phone and I should take it to a Sprint store but I've already done that with no change (deja vu from the multiple replacements with the Palm phone the previous year). I'm offered a deal on a Samsung intercept to maybe see if it's that particular model phone (which had horrible reviews...I don't think I found one review where someone said soemthing good about the phone...so talk about making my problems worse!) I AM SO FED UP! I'm stuck in my contract with this crappy service! I can't figure out what the problem could be.  I don't want to leave Sprint. I have a great plan and I don't want to jump from carrier to carrier but I'm almost about to pay the fee to break my contract and switch to Verizon or something. Please help! How do I get the great Sprint service back to me that I used to have!?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: FRUSTRATED AND FED UP WITH NO SERVICE ISSUES!

I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your phone.

Reviewing the information provided it does sound to be the device.

Reasons: The problem is pretty much everywhere.    

Sister and her husband have Sprint service and both have the HTC EVO and have no problems.

If the problem was with the towers, sister and her husband would have the same problem as you are having.

I recommend to go to the same repair center you have already been to and explain this replacement phone is having the same problem. Assure you mention that other Sprint customers in the same area are not having this problem like you are.Sounds like you have got a bad replacement. The store would look into repairing or replacing the phone.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

I've done that already and left with the same problems and the aggravation of having to set up the phone again. The same thing happened when they replaced my Palm about 5 times. Each 'new' phone had the same problems. Now I'm on my second Evo shift and when they give me the third and I have the same problems, then what? Just giving customers new phones to shut them up temporarily is not good customer service. There's got to be some other issue. I think I'm just going to switch carriers. Thanks for your time.

Wizard

It does sound like some other issue, If you have gone thru 2 different models and same problems.

If you are still interested in help. Please private message me. There are other steps we can take but I would need account access to complete them.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

We live in zip code 90277 and moved here in July.  There are 3 Sprint cell phones here, and none of our phones work.  We got the airwaves and it doesn't help.  This is a serious issue since these are our only phones inside our home and we have to dial 911 for an emergency and we can't leave the house, we can't even do that.  If there's an earthquake or a fire or a burglar, we can't make a call.  We have had no solution with technical support and we've spent hours that add up to several days on the phone with sprint tech support.  We still have no service.  We've packed the airwaves and want to send it back.  It doesn't work at all.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.