cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster 3G speeds?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Faster 3G speeds?

I just signed up for Sprint on Sunday.  As soon as I left the store, I had instant connectivity issues -- websites would not load, 3G icon would disappear, etc.  The fastest results I could get on speed test (if it would even run) was 0.03mb/sec.  This continued through about mid-day Monday, when I started getting 1.5-2.1MB speeds (both at work and at home, definitely not on the same tower).  I'm trying to determine whether or not I should dump Verizon for Sprint...anyone have any input on whether these 1.5-2MB speeds are what I could expect in the long term?  I live in Houston where LTE should be on.....shortly.  lol.  Thanks for any input.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Faster 3G speeds?

network vision was done in your area. you should have those speeds from here on (all depending on how many people are on the towers or the usual issues that you might run in to). which also means sooner than later they will have 4G LTE lit up in your area..so im advising against running away since you'll have LTE before the majority of us

jlt84 wrote:

I just signed up for Sprint on Sunday.  As soon as I left the store, I had instant connectivity issues -- websites would not load, 3G icon would disappear, etc.  The fastest results I could get on speed test (if it would even run) was 0.03mb/sec.  This continued through about mid-day Monday, when I started getting 1.5-2.1MB speeds (both at work and at home, definitely not on the same tower).  I'm trying to determine whether or not I should dump Verizon for Sprint...anyone have any input on whether these 1.5-2MB speeds are what I could expect in the long term?  I live in Houston where LTE should be on.....shortly.  lol.  Thanks for any input.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Moderators deleted an honest response to an honest question?  Are things that rough that you can't let a truthful review be posted in your customer forums?  I'm not one to normally do stuff like this, but the service has been what it is lately.  This should be more than evident by the number of posts echoing the same thing with regard to network unavailability and unuseable data speeds/dropped calls.

It's not as if this is a well kept secret.  Industry wide in every review of the Evo 4GLTE and Samsung GSIII (Sprint's variant) that I've read has stated that the hardware/software is pretty top notch, but it's handcuffed by a less than average network.

I was just providing my personal experience, to hopefully save someone the trouble of posting in these forums continously for the next 2 years trying to get out of contract due to poor service.

Highlighted
Wizard

Leave while you can jlt84. The speeds have been like this for about a year now and will continue to go down. My husband and I will be leaving as soon as our contracts are up. I'll take faster speed over unlimited data any day. Besides, within a year, all unlimited data will be gone for everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I'll be cancelling this evening and returning the phone before I get knocked with the activation fee.  Between the post being deleted (I did see it beforehand), the iffy network status and the fact that the MMS messages I send/receive look HORRIBLE due to the forced compression....no thanks.  I was only switching to save $$$, but looks like the tradeoff to save isn't worth it...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.