Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s III coverage issues and data speed issues on 3G

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s III coverage issues and data speed issues on 3G

I am a new customer since the 9th of august and have been to the sprint store 5 times total already and have talked to sprint customer service on the phone at least 4 or 5 times since i have activated service. All about the 3G speed and reception issue on my Galaxy S III. Everytime I receive a different answer "the tower in your area has an outage" "the tower in your area still has an outage" "we dont troubleshoot data speed and/or signal issues" "we are sending you an airrave"..... Anywhere i've gone in the city (DFW area) and surrounding city's has extremely poor signal on 3g. So the fact that they are sending me an airrave for my home is going to fix the problem, right? I can stand in the same place (wherever I am) and hold my hand in the same position and literally watch the signal bar go from 3 bars to 1 bar to no bars, and in some cases when at home, roaming. And the 3g speeds are almost always under 100kbps; usually around 20 kbps.I have done some research about this problem and have found that quite a few people on the sprint community forums are having this same issue. I don't know if this is a phone batch issue or if it is all the galaxy s III's or if it's just the entire network. I have changed the mode to CDMA only and no problem has been alleviated. I have done a factory restore (including the method using the MSL code I was given in store) 3 times, to no avail.

I have been to the sprint store 3 times asking them to switch out my phone for the same model and color, and every time I did they wanted to charge me 35 dollars to exchange it. I have said no every time. This morning, around 10 am, I called sprint again and asked if they could note on my account that I would be able to have the 35 dollar fee waived to exchange the phone. The man on the phone said they'd do it. So I drove all the way up to the store again this morning after the phone call and...they said in store there was nothing in the 10 AM's phone call's notes about waiving any 35 dollar fee!! I even had the Sales rep in the store read off to me what the notes said. So I'm trying to figure out if the man on the phone flat out lied to me? I hope not.. I feel deceived and lied to, though.

I only have less than 14 days to get this figured otherwise i am under a two year contract with service that is unbearable to use. I do NOT want that situation.

so that being said, I am in a gridlock about this phone and the customer support with sprint. i really want to just swap out the phone to make sure it is not just the phone.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the phones data speeds work any better, and increase the signal strength? Or does anyone know if some galaxy s III's have this issue and some don't? If that is true, then is it only specific markets or just random? Or does anyone know anything about a radio update anytime in the very near future that would help resolve this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s III coverage issues and data speed issues on 3G

DFW is receiving 3G and 4G upgrades right now, Sprint has accelerated the Network Vision program and has scheduled a large amonut of sites to be completed for this month. Your service will be kind of shakey until upgrades are complete. What's your zip code?

Journeyman

Journeyman

These towers are amoung the closest to you scheduled for upgrades this month.

3796 Blagg Rd, Denton, TX 76208, USA

813 S Elm St, Denton, TX 76201

3562 Teasley Ln, Lake Dallas, TX 75065

4451 Fm 2181, Lake Dallas, TX 75065

Journeyman

Ok Thank You! would you be able to tell me if the tower by corinth parkway, Corinth, TX scheduled for an upgrade this month? Thats not very far from my house. I can private message you my address if need be.

Journeyman

It's not scheduled for upgrades this month as far as I know.

Journeyman

Awesome thanks. I appreciate your help

Journeyman

M09856 wrote:

These towers are amoung the closest to you scheduled for upgrades this month.

3796 Blagg Rd, Denton, TX 76208, USA

813 S Elm St, Denton, TX 76201

3562 Teasley Ln, Lake Dallas, TX 75065

4451 Fm 2181, Lake Dallas, TX 75065

Hmm.  Those addresses seem to be cut-and-pasted directly from the sponsor-only maps at S4GRU.com, right down to the punctiation and capitalization -- in violation of the S4GRU's terms for sponsors and without even giving credit to that site for its exclusive information.  I see you have the same cavalier ethics in the regard that you exhibit regarding rationalizing theft of service by tethering pirates.

Journeyman

You're here to cause problems, you're a troll. Those are Geocoded addresses from the Google API and it's standard capitalization if you speak English.

Journeyman

I just re-read your original post. You should call Sprint customer retentions and have them send you a femtocell so you're not roaming inside your house. Roaming won't be a problem when they upgrade the towers to support ESMR800 in a few months the problem is that 1900Mhz doesn't go through walls as well as 800Mhz does. Your phone is going from 3 bars to 1 bar because it's switching towers based on which one has the best Ec/Lo or signal to noise ratio. My phone does this too and it's usually when indoors.

Journeyman

M09856 wrote:

You're here to cause problems, you're a troll. Those are Geocoded addresses from the Google API and it's standard capitalization if you speak English.

I don't believe you.

That data for Sprint towers was obviously cut-and-paste from the sponsor maps at S4GRU.com, which has exclusive information about Sprint's LTE network rollout schedule.   (That stuff does not come from any geocoding API.)   And looking further at some of your other posts on this forum, I can see other examples of your plagiarism from the S4GRU site, such as Sprint tower IDs.  You pretend here that you have some special knowledge, while all you have been doing is betray your obligations as a sponsor there and copy that site's exclusive content.  If you really care about helping users here, the honest thing to do would just be to refer them to S4GRU.

You are busted.

Journeyman

I have requested a airrave and it should be here on tuesday or wednesday. I tried the phone in my church's parking lot which means I was connected to a totally different tower because I was about 10 miles away from home (home is where I have so much trouble). In the parking lot I had almost full coverage and a little more than 1mbps data speeds. I also checked the tower I was using using Netmonitor and I was on a different one. This tells me that the tower by my home is not upgraded yet, under maintenance, or its experiencing an outage. But...When I called sprint customer support they said something about the tower by my house being upgraded to LTE and a possible outage. But it's okay because i'm getting the airrave in the mail soon.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.