cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone noticed

that ever since that stupid iphone came to sprint, your own phone, which has never in the history of cellphone life had problems? i mean serious problems like no calls can be made or received. You can't send a freaking text. Now all of a sudden, here comes the fracking iphone and all other phones start going to hell-.

Now unless you have a phone that works, or use a ( i hate to say it) landline, you can't even call sprint to curse they arse out for this or get help.

I have not even considered leaving sprint in the past but now, if it wasnt for my employee discount, unlimited call to any phone on any network, unlimited freaking data

i would probably pay sprint to freaking get out my contract , it would be well worth 350 instead of staying and paying the full term of my remaining contract and not look back.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

What zip code are you in?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted

So many Sprint cell towers in that zip code. This is what is scheduled ro be done within the next 6 months in your zip code:

Next 6 months:

• 14                                    voice upgrades
  • 38                                    data capacity upgrades
  • 8                                    data speed upgrades

To get a better idea if the tower slated for any of the above is near you, you can go to this link, and zoom in on on it, then click the nearest towers to you and see what upgrades will be happening. https://network.sprint.com/search/11233/

Highlighted
Journeyman

The upgrades shown here will at best be just enough to maintain the current dial up speeds. There have supposedly been several data upgrades in my area in the last 6 months and the service has actually gotten worse. Sprint doesn't care about its current 3g customers. That is a fact.

Highlighted

StarksFTW wrote:

The upgrades shown here will at best be just enough to maintain the current dial up speeds. There have supposedly been several data upgrades in my area in the last 6 months and the service has actually gotten worse. Sprint doesn't care about its current 3g customers. That is a fact.

I know for fact you are incorrect. Did you look at the contracts signed for data upgrades?  I am guessing you didn't. I am also guessing you are not aware that some sites will be changing the way they connect to the internet when Network Vision is rolled out. Currently there are sites that can't have the data upgraded as the local provider can't upgrade what is coming to the site. In order to get teh capacity needed, some sites will move data via microwave to a site where the capacity can be found.  Microwaving data has been around for years, so it is not new technology, and there are sites that use it already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am into day 5 of not being able to make or receive calls or texts.

amazingly, my daughters slow 3g iphone on sprint sometimes can and sometimes it can't make or receive call but you may have to keep redialing.

day one 1/3/12, was told it would be fix sunday 1/5/12.

day four 1/6/12, was told tuesday 1/7/12

then i get a email with a update, 1/11 or 1/12/12 it will be fixed.

SERIOUSLY SPRINT... a week.. a f@@king week to fix.. are you kidding me. and dont tell me its just this area..

and by the fuking way, that little link https://network.sprint.com/search/11233/ dont tell you nothing but what the number of upgrades done in the last 6months and what to come in 6 months..  doesnt breaking down where the work was done or will be done. for all i know the complete work could be no where near me. or is near me.. either way.. i cant call doo doo

Highlighted
Master

FirstContact I apologize but sometimes one ticket leads to another ticket. Electronic equipment fails and we create a ticket if it cannot be fixed by connecting remotely to the site. When a technician gets to a site he may fix one element only to find out that another part of the site is also out of service.We have multiple issues going on in your area so I want to assure you we are working on multiple things not postponing service repairs on purpose. The red towers have open escalated tickets as of this moment.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have noticed. Service here has been on the decline. I am told it should get better in March.

Problems started here back in October.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.