cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible 3G speeds in Baton Rouge, LA - any fix coming soon?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Horrible 3G speeds in Baton Rouge, LA - any fix coming soon?

Yep, I hit 1.2 this morning at 6:30am so I know I was the only one using the tower at that time.  Around 10 this morning my slacker kept cutting in and out and eventually stopped playing.  So I had to load the Alltel PRL so I could use my data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bzeringue80 wrote:

Yep, I hit 1.2 this morning at 6:30am so I know I was the only one using the tower at that time.  Around 10 this morning my slacker kept cutting in and out and eventually stopped playing.  So I had to load the Alltel PRL so I could use my data.

When you check your usage is that going against roaming data?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is showing up as roaming data, but it says unlimited next to it.

October 18th-

Major issues with echo calls from Baton Rouge- Oneal Lane/Jones Creek area while traveling down I-12 E towards Hammond, LA. Multiple phones having same problem. In some cases in took multiple calls to get through.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought I was dreaming for a minute-- this afternoon at lunch, I got 850 kbps download in Gonzales near Tagner mall, but must've awaken back in my office on Coursey at 3:30 PM getting 1 kbps download... UGH.  This is absolutely ridiculous-- 1xRTT is rated at 56 - 128 kpbs.  A 56 k modem is almost 60x faster than this so-called 3G.  How can the largest city (and capital city) of Louisiana have data speeds that are more appropriate to the 1970s than 2010?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys, as Sprint is ignoring us on this forum, we need to let Sprint know in other ways.  Send your issues to sprintcares@sprint.com, dan@sprint.com, post on Sprint's facebook page.  Something needs to be done about this.  I've been a customer since 1998, and will remain loyal if they can show some concern to its paying customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got no issues posting some speedtests to their Facebook page every couple of days... and emailing Sprintcares and the Dan email.  What really pisses me off is I'm paying $10 more a month for premium data?  C'mon!  This is not premium.  I've got some calling to do to Sprint tonight anyways, think I'm going to unload on them about getting a credit due to their speeds, i've heard people getting credits on the $10 due to this.

On another note, I did get a voicemail from the censored email address.  They are still working on the issue on the tower at the BR airport.  If you are having speed issues I would definitely email that address if you were able to snag it and get a ticket open. If not, I'll figure out a way to pass it to you since this is a legit issue to email them on.  Maybe they will realize something with all the tickets open on towers across BR.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bzeringue80 wrote:

It is showing up as roaming data, but it says unlimited next to it.

Be careful with that...  but I do agree with you, they should allow us to roam on VZW/Alltel EVDO until they fix their mess they made.

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of  your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned  network.  Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S.  Territories (except Guam).  Sprint reserves the right, without notice,  to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network  usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes;  or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes.  The display on  your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will  incur roaming charges.  You can monitor usage online through My Account.   Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who  reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide  Sprint Network.  Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move  outside of the Sprint owned-network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No need to flip out on why they were adding a tower in North BR and none in South BR where it is also needed.  Look at the latest coverage map and you'll see that the tower location is now longer showing as a future tower.  Guess they figured they didn't need any here at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That location did not really make any sense unless they were going to decommission another tower.  70817 zip needs some help badly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

bzeringue80 wrote:

That location did not really make any sense unless they were going to decommission another tower.  70817 zip needs some help badly.

Yep...they needed it a little further north at Hooper and Joor.  I roam in that location everyday.  That area isn't out in the middle of nowhere anymore.  One of the major roads where people travel through Central and also to get to Denham Springs and Sprint has no coverage.

16290391.png

Message was edited by: digiblur

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like the fixed the tower near the Airport...  I was lucky to see any speeds over 40kbps, most of the time no data worked at all.  Wish they would go across town and check all the towers and see if this same fix can be applied.

16699091.png

Funny how we are happy to see at least 400-500 download when the folks in other parts of the country are complaining they are only getting 400 down.  They just don't know how bad it can be....lol

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.